• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
The previous high end cards normally had a bit knocked off - £50/£100 on some models, but they didn't lose half their value overnight. I guess it will depend on what the release price is for the TI this time around.

Soldato
Does anybody on here have theory on how Nvidia propose to implement the so called upgrade path for 980ti owners. That's if there is any truth to it!.
How would they be able offset the cost of owners not selling the 980ti on eBay for £££.

My theory is that the upgrade path was an unfounded rumour and isn't actually happening. I said at the time that I couldn't think of one good reason why Nvidia would do this.

Associate
The best outcome we (gamers) can hope for is a very strong showing of Vega (vs. known overclocked gtx 1080 stats) tomorrow along with suggested pricing. If they don't show that then many will pony up for the latest Nvidia offering.

Soldato
My theory is that the upgrade path was an unfounded rumour and isn't actually happening. I said at the time that I couldn't think of one good reason why Nvidia would do this.

True but considering their countdown is it's almost time with the Ti in bold, it's looking very likely. Nothing else fits does it ;).

Their reasoning is probably one upping VEGA and those who have 980Ti's or say FX's will be itching for a new piece of shiny shiny about now.

Associate
its 4am tonight, as in.. 13 hours from now? so by time I wake up tomorrow we will know if the Ti exists, how it performs, when it will be released and how much it will cost?

Soldato
True but considering their countdown is it's almost time with the Ti in bold, it's looking very likely. Nothing else fits does it ;).

Their reasoning is probably one upping VEGA and those who have 980Ti's or say FX's will be itching for a new piece of shiny shiny about now.

That means a Ti card is coming, it doesn't imply anything about a step up incentive or anything about 980ti's? :confused:

Caporegime
its 4am tonight, as in.. 13 hours from now? so by time I wake up tomorrow we will know if the Ti exists, how it performs, when it will be released and how much it will cost?

We will know the first one, doubt there will be proper reviews out to know the second point but should be able to make a very very good guess based on the specs vs the 1080 and the TitanXp so we shouldnt need full reviews.

And yes, we will know when you can buy one from Nvidia (expected to be some point in March) and who knows from AIBs, depends if they do better than they did with 1080s as it might be months for some (looking at you EVGA)

Permabanned
My plan is to sell my GTX 1080 and buy a second hand GTX 980 Ti ,which is only costing me a bit more than GTX 1060 6GB than after few months i will buy a GTX 1080 Ti lightning or matrix edition.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

SONaX7r.png

Random capitalisation and the Ti frame in the video also.

Back
Top Bottom