• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
Gamers are fickle, if Nvidia thinks it can position itself as an "Apple hardware-like vendor for gamers" they are in for a serious lesson.

Gamers want and will pay for the best BUT if you take them for a ride they will revolt hard against you. Nvidia's challenge is knowing how to a price a 1080Ti against an unknown Vega. Nvidia are not in a race to the bottom game though I predict a stable (past rip off release prices) of a £750 price point for this reason. My logic is simple... its £200 above the lowest 1080 but it has to hedge its bets against Vega, Nvidia themselves might price higher knowing that AIB sales/partners can under cut the over valued price point. So we will see some stupid price to start but it stabilize to £750. Then Nvidias only concern is Vega 10 performing like for like @ £550 or less. If AMD came in with Vega 10 at near 1080Ti performance or better @ £350 omg that would distrupt the industry BUT I do not believe that will happen cos AMD has shareholders and they want $$$ plus HBM2 isn't cheap

I agree with most of what you said. but I think the price point will be what the previous ti's have com in at. Intel and Nvidia have been able to get away with this strategy as there has been no alternative in the price segment. Hopefully AMdDcan change that as they seem to be with Ryzen.

Associate
I'm really looking forward to getting this card.
My 980 Ti is bloody good, But I shot myself in the foot and upgraded to a Dell 2k monitor recently, I was over the moon getting 110FPS in Rise of the tomb raider with ultra settings and direct X 12.
But the crazy gamer in me wants to hit that 144HZ, And the 1080 Ti should easily do it..

Caporegime
According to his sale thread on the other forum he claims he's not enough of a gamer to warrant the power! :D

Pretty much... I won't be getting a 1080ti...

I'll be getting a 1060 I think...

My gaming episodes are sporadic.. and sometimes I don't game for weeks...

The 1080 was nice but it was always niggling me it stuck in the pc for weeks on end not doing anything....

Probably why I change gpus so much...now spring is coming im out and about even more not stuck indoors gaming. Motorbike comes out...walks on the beach with my collie...I start living again...:p

I've not finished Doom as I got bored
Not finished shadow warrior 2
Star Wars was boring
Finished the single player BF1
Finished Titanfall 2 in about 3 sittings...

That's about it...will be interesting to see how a 1060 6b runs Doom on medium settings...@ 3440 x 1440p superwide.

I think I'll wait for Vega and see what's what...NV pricing and Intel have made me think somewhat about pricing...

AMD and Ryzen are exceptional prices...

Last edited:
Soldato

The 1080 was nice but it was always niggling me it stuck in the pc for weeks on end not doing anything....

Probably why I change gpus so much...now spring is coming im out and about even more not stuck indoors gaming. Motorbike comes out...walks on the beach with my collie...I start living again...:p

Star Wars was boring

That's about it...will be interesting to see how a 1060 6b runs Doom on medium settings...@ 3440 x 1440p superwide.

I think I'll wait for Vega and see what's what...NV pricing and Intel have made me think somewhat about pricing...

So, are you going for the EVGA or the ASUS 1080ti? :p

Associate
Does anybody on here have theory on how Nvidia propose to implement the so called upgrade path for 980ti owners. That's if there is any truth to it!.
How would they be able offset the cost of owners not selling the 980ti on eBay for £££.

Soldato

Star Wars was boring

So if NV pricing has made you think and AMD prices are exceptional why get a 1060 rather then a 480?
Honest question :)

Soldato
Does anybody on here have theory on how Nvidia propose to implement the so called upgrade path for 980ti owners. That's if there is any truth to it!.
How would they be able offset the cost of owners not selling the 980ti on eBay for £££.

I'm hoping they release details in a couple of days, nothing as of yet.

I'd expect it to work like the evga step up program, but that might mean trading in your 980ti for a founders edition 1080ti.... This is only a guess though.

Caporegime

I thought it was just said they would get "priority". Since the 1080ti is looking like being Nvidia only for the first month I cant see how they take your EVGA 980ti in as part ex. It also makes me think they will be in short supply and 980ti proven buyers will be able to get to the front of the queue.

Associate
Wonder if NVIDIA plan to reduced the price of there GPU's to fit the 1080ti in? As far as I'm aware they have never done it, but with AMD's Vega on the horizon NVIDIA could one up them even before AMD release there flagship GPU

Caporegime
Wonder if NVIDIA plan to reduced the price of there GPU's to fit the 1080ti in? As far as I'm aware they have never done it, but with AMD's Vega on the horizon NVIDIA could one up them even before AMD release there flagship GPU

The only times they have done that is when AM|D has released a blinder of a card for much less money. So all down to AMD really.

Back
Top Bottom