• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
well customer service have made me a happy chappy after my order issues :) 2 x zotac AE on the way when the next batch comes in :) currently 8th in line for my cards

see after the problems i had this is exactly why i keep coming back to OCUK (well and the fact there a 15 min drive lol)

Associate
well customer service have made me a happy chappy after my order issues :) 2 x zotac AE on the way when the next batch comes in :) currently 8th in line for my cards

see after the problems i had this is exactly why i keep coming back to OCUK (well and the fact there a 15 min drive lol)

Thats one reason I use them living local delivery is great but having to fit your day around collection is a pain. Though have to resist buying other toys when in the shop.

Associate
Thats one reason I use them living local delivery is great but having to fit your day around collection is a pain. Though have to resist buying other toys when in the shop.

your not alone there buddy :)
i try to occupy myself with the haribo on the counter and some light gaming on the display models by the entrance to divert myself from more SHINEYS wile i wait for my stuff :)

Associate
For the one that thinks I'm imagining it when i say i can't hear the fans on the amp extreme even when pushing it source tweaktown

"When it comes to cooling, ZOTAC is king - at 2GHz and 12GHz for the GPU and GDDR5X, respectively - our card was hitting 67C maximum with the fans barely making any noise at all"

Maybe I'm going deaf and can't hear them lol.

Associate

This I don't agree with, and its actually making me consider cancelling my order. Why should people who order different cards be put in front of other people's orders because they change their minds? If you change cards then you should go to the back of the queue for that card.

Soldato
For the one that thinks I'm imagining it when i say i can't hear the fans on the amp extreme even when pushing it source tweaktown

"When it comes to cooling, ZOTAC is king - at 2GHz and 12GHz for the GPU and GDDR5X, respectively - our card was hitting 67C maximum with the fans barely making any noise at all"

Maybe I'm going deaf and can't hear them lol.

You dont have to make veiled references lol, there is a quote function.

Tweaktown dont do db testing and they've only tested 2 cards even. Other sites do and place it with 1db of other custom cards.
I didnt say you were imagining anything, just pointing out that without an actual comparable test, you paraphrasing tweaktown saying "my purchase was the best because a reviewer said so without any actual test results to back it up" doesnt actually hold much water.

I'm not saying the amp extreme isnt a good card, it just seems overpriced compared with other cards that can do 2050mhz at around 40db

Associate
This I don't agree with, and its actually making me consider cancelling my order. Why should people who order different cards be put in front of other people's orders because they change their minds? If you change cards then you should go to the back of the queue for that card.
wasnt really a case of changing my mind was more sacrificing the card i wanted for another. i was due to be in the first wave of STRIX cards and i was pushed out of the que due to not having both my items in stock at the same time and missing out id rather have my strix and the zotac but if i stuck with my order id prob end up going with out either for months my preorder was made on the 13th march for both

Last edited:
Associate
You dont have to make veiled references lol, there is a quote function.

Tweaktown dont do db testing and they've only tested 2 cards even. Other sites do and place it with 1db of other custom cards.
I didnt say you were imagining anything, just pointing out that without an actual comparable test, you paraphrasing tweaktown saying "my purchase was the best because a reviewer said so without any actual test results to back it up" doesnt actually hold much water.

I'm not saying the amp extreme isnt a good card, it just seems overpriced compared with other cards that can do 2050mhz at around 40db

You made an assumption that because 1 person says his pc is quiet and sounds like a helicopter that nobody is correct ? I've never owned a zotac card before but helping others with their decision, the amp extreme has the thickest heat sink I've ever seen and shows it's not there for show because I've never felt so much heat coming from a gpu that on mine anyway sits at 66c at full load, the hest sink is doing a fantastic job of dissipating the heat away from the core.

Associate
wasnt really a case of changing my mind i was due to be in the first wave of STRIX cards and i was pushed out of the que due to not having both my items in stock at the same time and missing out id rather have my strix and the zotac but if i stuck with my order id prob end up going with out either for months my preorder was made on the 13th march for both

It's really not that relevant, in the end your order was put before others who ordered that card before you. I'm not having a go at you, it's the system OCUK are using that is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom