• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / 980 Review Thread**

OcUK Staff
Gibbo please do benchmarks in games at 1080 too, that's what will make me decide if I should upgrade or not. Also please include Battlefield 4 when benchmarking games please.

Nope.

It's taken me 48hrs to do what I've done, the last two days have being 12hr plus shifts in the office alone and then continuing to work at home and tomorrow I've got an early start, can only do so much.

You'll be getting what I've had time to do and no more which is a damn site more than any other shop selling stuff.

For games there will be plenty of reviews out there to read, my reviews focus on benchmarks and overclocking ability. :)

Associate
but in reality at 1080p with my overclocked 290 - even with lots of AA does any game run badly - nope

Running a R295x2, and finding half my games aren't taxing enough and zero core jumps in and turns one of my GPU's off which I find rather hilarious.

But my interest is peaked hearing about these 980's.

Soldato
Nope.

It's taken me 48hrs to do what I've done, the last two days have being 12hr plus shifts in the office alone and then continuing to work at home and tomorrow I've got an early start, can only do so much.

You'll be getting what I've had time to do and no more which is a damn site more than any other shop selling stuff.

For games there will be plenty of reviews out there to read, my reviews focus on benchmarks and overclocking ability. :)

To be fair you've probably spent 30hrs of that making pyramids... :p

Soldato
Running a R295x2, and finding half my games aren't taxing enough and zero core jumps in and turns one of my GPU's off which I find rather hilarious.

But my interest is peaked hearing about these 980's.

lol - when I got my 290 I booted up Crysis 3 and every other game I could find as taxing as possible - all ran ok ...

.... I then went back to playing Diablo 3

LOL !

Caporegime
When you see my results you guys will be amazed by how fast this new stuff is, let me say this, the best cards overclocking wise I've ever tested. :eek:

7fa6b0be9d5614e6e8aa57089f47c718ec462a462188bb1b058a1456cfd02d12.jpg

:D

Associate
Impressed by those benches. A 970 rivaling a 780ti is impressive. It is interesting to see that the black still holds its own.

Looking forward to those reviews tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom