Nvidia GPU priority issue

Associate
Sorry if this issue has been dealt with already but I have just got the GPU client working on Vista x64 on my 8800GTX but it seems that other 3D applications are suffering while the client is running. I thought the client is designed so that it comes bottom of the priority list when applications are competing for resources. Can anyone shed some light on this?:confused:

On the up side the client seems to be churning through about 4300ppd!:D

Associate
OP
lucifersam, there is a known issue with regards to this on the main folding forum site. I would strongly recommend pausing the client whilst playing games, running 3d apps etc. Remember, it is still a beta :)

cheers for letting me know about this, ive just had a quick read myself.

The drivers im using are the 177.35 version, i gotta use these since im running a 64bit version of Vista. Version 174.55 are only for 32bit OS'

Associate
OP
Even if GPU2 came out of beta I still think I would pause the folding while I played a game. I wouldn't want to risk one corrupting the other. Although I have been playing Championship Manager while folding but I don't think that game would even notice if my graphics card withered and died.

Having had a look around the official forums the project testers have found the GPU priority issue as well and have promised to work on a solution asap so hopefully they will have it sorted by the time the client is released out of beta.

Back
Top Bottom