• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Strange thing. Even though boost is reported as 1428, after running some games and checking GPU-Z which was running, it reported a boost of 1508 on the actual sensor data?

Normal?

Soldato
i dont think i have ever seen my card reach the power limit of 110% most ive noticed is 106%. so if i unlocked the voltage would that mean i can overclock further without driver crashes? my best OC is less than +80 on the core. this never changed when i changed the stock cooler for a prolimatech mk26. cooler temps but my OC was not getting better.

i am just waiting on my gpu block to be repaired then i will be going underwater.

It might help you get a higher boost. Or you might just be one of the unlucky ones and got a card that won't OC very well (silicon lottery and all that!). Plus the boost a card will reach obviously depends on what you are running.

Soldato
Strange thing. Even though boost is reported as 1428, after running some games and checking GPU-Z which was running, it reported a boost of 1508 on the actual sensor data?

Normal?

Very much depends on what you are running to check your boost in the first place. If using one of the many stress testing utilities, then these push a card much harder than most games ever will. So the boost won't look as good (ie. Be as high) as say running a game (obviously not always the case). As always, pretty much luck of the draw as to how well any card will perform. The card manufacturers obviously only guarantee the speeds that they certify for their card/s. Anything else is just a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom