• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Permabanned
My score seems low? I dunno :/

11j6jnk.png

Associate
Just spent 3 hours searching for an sli bridge only to realise the what I thought was a crossfire bridge I found in my draw was indeed actually an sli bridge grrrrrr

On another note how are these cards running watchdogs? Are we hitting a solid 60 at ultra yet without drops to the 40s while driving?

Permabanned
Just spent 3 hours searching for an sli bridge only to realise the what I thought was a crossfire bridge I found in my draw was indeed actually an sli bridge grrrrrr

On another note how are these cards running watchdogs? Are we hitting a solid 60 at ultra yet without drops to the 40s while driving?

I'm hitting around 90FPS driving drops it down abit.

Soldato

25 970's would struggle to run Watchdogs at a decent rate as it is a broken pile of UBi crap...

:)

Associate
I'm hitting around 90FPS driving drops it down abit.

Cool. Is that with 1 970 I take it?
If so it should mean I can actually play the bloody game now when my 2 cards arrive.

25 970's would struggle to run Watchdogs at a decent rate as it is a broken pile of UBi crap...

:)

Oh well I only need another say 48 cards and I should be sweet.
With the power requirements 50 cards in SLI will finally match a 290x for power consumption

I'll get my coat

Permabanned
Cool. Is that with 1 970 I take it?
If so it should mean I can actually play the bloody game now when my 2 cards arrive.

Oh well I only need another say 48 cards and I should be sweet.
With the power requirements 50 cards in SLI will finally match a 290x for power consumption

I'll get my coat

Bare in mind im only playing at 1080p though

Soldato
Any idea why my default clock speed is 1114 and not 1140? on my msi gaming gtx 970?

mem says 1753 and boost 1253

Screenshots of the review ones say 1140 on gpuz, hmmm

s8hIvq.jpg

jZSCOZ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Any idea why my default clock speed is 1114 and not 1140? on my msi gaming gtx 970?

mem says 1753 and boost 1253

jZSCOZ.jpg

If it's boosting to 1253 I would not worry too much about the non boost clock tbh.

Edit - Yours looks right for gaming mode. Is there any utils with the card to select modes ? I would OC yourself though.

Back
Top Bottom