• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Caporegime
OP
As per my previous post earlier today about the 1.25v voltage limit I've been playing about. If I had +87mv the card will show 1.25v. I've just tried adding +40mv and GPU-Z is showing 1.262v. What the hell is going on lol.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah it seems to jump up in stages, mine seems to be 1.218v at stock, then 1.243, then 1.262.

1.243 seems stable though when I check the graph in GPU-Z where as when it's at 1.262 it seems to jump up and down between 1.218, 1.243 and 1.262.

Earlier today it was showing 1.25v when I had +87mv added. Really not sure what's going on.

Games will work for hours then I'll go on a different game and I'll go back to a game later that was working fine and I'll get a D3D crash. Wonder if the memory is actually stable at 2000mhz for long periods. Someone said there's RAM chips on the back of the card that get really hot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine doesnt seem to like it when i add 50 or more mv, i think thats something to do with the bios though.

On my msi i can see the chips one the back of the card totally exposed, wish it had a backplate.

Soldato
the Zotac AMP looks interesting
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-070-ZT&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1010

it has quite a few mods to it, the MSI is probably the best, but i cant find a review on this card so it's hard to tell

this card is maybe too bulky, but it definitely looks like a quality product, it looks great in the photos.

this looks interesting..definitely different, but maybe over engineered
Gainward 970

http://tech4gamers.com/gainward-geforce-gtx-970-phantom-and-gtx-980-revealed/

Last edited:
Associate
So for SLI 970s with an intention to overclock boost to 1500 core woyld you recommend a reference palit or jetstream? I game with headphones so I dont really mind noise..

Caporegime
MSI :D

To be fair it's the only one I have experience with and they're very quiet when gaming. I think the Jetstream has a decent cooler on it, at least looks like it.

Honestly? I don't think you'd go far wrong with either but I'd lean towards the Jetstream out of those

Associate
Time to upgrade my GTX480 SOC I got from ocuk 3 years ago. I'm wanting this for game streaming the most (limelight for ouya hooked to a TV) I cannot deciede what model to get between the

Palit jetstream
Gigabyte

Im on a strict budget so can't decided if gigabyte is worth the extra . my 480 SOC is soooooo loud so if it's quiter than that I'll be happy

Any ideas

I just swapped out my GTX480 SOC for the msi 970 and its completely silent most of the time, also all system temps have dropped with the 480 not being there. OH and frame rates have gone up a bit too :)

Back
Top Bottom