• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Idle temps are between 28-31, and not sure of the noise. But I can't hear a thing in noise difference even when gaming, my front case fan on my Enthoo Pro is the loudest thing going.

Associate
What would people recommend for me to do? Stick with 670 sli or go for a 970?

I was in the same boat, the problem is the 2GB frame buffer of the 670's unless you have the 4GB version.

The MSI 970 is about 10-20% slower than my old SLI 670's

Both at 1200p with Ultra Preset and TressFX enabled.

MSI 670 OC SLI min/avg/max (1280/1241Mhz 7000/6700Mhz)
Tomb Raider 68 95 140

MSI 970 Gaming OC min/avg/max (1530Mhz 7800Mhz)
Tomb Raider 60 80 104

I am planning on getting a 1440p or perhaps 4k monitor a little later so 4GB frame buffer is more important to me. I am also planning on just adding another 970 later.

Resale value for the 670 is in the toilet :(

Hope this helps you decide.

Permabanned
Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix Overclocked:-

Not bad considering the CPU is not overclocked...

Capture2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
From another FT02 owner contemplating that card..

Wow thanks Flakey. There is just no way I can see that card fitting in, it is a few mm to long and then it would be touching that case fan even if it did which can't be to healthy.

I sent a web note to OCUK yesterday and (is Gibbo Gibson?) got back to me today. They have swapped the G1 for the MSI gaming card instead which is 269mm so leaves me enough room to fit it.

Shout out for sorting that for me OCUK thanks a bunch! It is really appreciated. I am also extremely glad someone brought it to my attention. I have Tuesday off which is ETA of the card as well, I think I would have cried upon getting it and it not fitting.

Soldato
Well I enquired about sending my Galax cards back and swapping for Inno3D but have been told that I will be liable for up to 25% of the as items have been taken out of the packaging (as per new laws). Unable to be more specific until they would have the cards back. :(

Let me know how your returns go...

Soldato
Well I enquired about sending my Galax cards back and swapping for Inno3D but have been told that I will be liable for up to 25% of the as items have been taken out of the packaging (as per new laws). Unable to be more specific until they would have the cards back. :(

Up to 25%??
They said up to 20% for me. But I just managed to get a full refund.

Soldato

What is wrong with the galax cards ?

Back
Top Bottom