• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Just installed my msi 970. Tried running heaven bench 4.0 just to test it out.

Using afterburner to monitor temps,the card is shooting away up to 90C + pretty much straight away. This is all at stock,not touched any sliders at all

Using GPU-Z to monitor temps,its going to 64C with the fan at around 45% .Surely the AB temps are reading wrong here

Any ideas folks

Rob

Can you confirm that the fans are actually spinning at a high RPM?

Associate
Can you confirm that the fans are actually spinning at a high RPM?

I bought one of the little mini zotac 970s, nice little card by the way and that ran hot as hell as well, jumped to 80 degrees when running witcher 2 but it was near enough silent, not bad for a card barley bigger than a sound card.

I have since stick it under water and max temps are about 45 degrees.

Associate
I bought one of the little mini zotac 970s, nice little card by the way and that ran hot as hell as well, jumped to 80 degrees when running witcher 2 but it was near enough silent, not bad for a card barley bigger than a sound card.

I have since stick it under water and max temps are about 45 degrees.

What water block did you use?

Soldato
Card 1 has arrived, card 2 has been posted and should be here tomorrow. :)

MSI 970 SLI should be a massive boost over a single 780 Ti @ 5760x1200 resolution. Will be the first time I run 2x gfx cards, am I right in assuming you need to have both clocked at the same speed? I.e. I'd overclock them both together? Won't overclock straight away but definitely intend on pushing them at some point..

Associate
Nom nom nom nom nom....

No Haribo :(

20141002_114906-e1412268388551.jpg

Associate
I've just received my MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4GB too. I also didn't get any haribo. You stole mine!, anyway I've installed it and it's a great piece of kit. However, I know that the card is overclocked and at the moment it's showing at full speed it's running at 1329MHz. I have not overclocked it, this is a stock overclock. I have been noticing that when gaming and exiting a game it can sometimes idles and loads at 540MHz and it doesn't change from that clock speed. I have to restart in order for it to change back.

I've tried changed the power management setting in the Nvidia control pangel from adaptive to full but it just runs at a constant 1114MHz, which I don't want.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Associate
I've just received my MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4GB too. I also didn't get any haribo. You stole mine!, anyway I've installed it and it's a great piece of kit. However, I know that the card is overclocked and at the moment it's showing at full speed it's running at 1329MHz. I have not overclocked it, this is a stock overclock. I have been noticing that when gaming and exiting a game it can sometimes idles and loads at 540MHz and it doesn't change from that clock speed. I have to restart in order for it to change back.

I've tried changed the power management setting in the Nvidia control pangel from adaptive to full but it just runs at a constant 1114MHz, which I don't want.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

are you running dual screens?

KLM

KLM

Associate
my card boost's out of box to 1329 as some others,

I just ran heaven on ultra with a +202 on core and + 601 on memory giving me 1531 core, 4104 memory

didn't alter power limit at all

score was 1598

Deleted member 66701

Deleted member 66701

Swiftech mcw82 universal block. No need for full covers on these I think.

Hmm, that would certainly keep the cost down! Are you using ram heatsinks?

What OC have you managed and can you monitor VRM temps on these cards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Yeah I am running one 1080P at 1920x1080 and another screen at 1024x768 for just looking at websites etc. Do you think it could be something to do with my second screen?

I know this can effect it... although i thought it was only a problem with SLI...

Try turning one off or un plugging and seeing what happens with one screen.

Permabanned
Damn the first Crysis game is still a killer!!

My card boosts to ~1440Mhz in every game I've tried so far, the first Crysis on the other hand? Only manages ~1250Mhz!!

Card can handle Crysis with DSR turned on though and still be very very smooth!!

Associate
Hmm, that would certainly keep the cost down! Are you using ram heatsinks?

What OC have you managed and can you monitor VRM temps on these cards?

No ram heatsinks nor vrm heatsinks, though there is a strip of metal which comes with the card that sits over the vrms.

Not sure if there is any software yet which can monitor the vrm temp?

No overclock yet either but I'll install heaven and see what I can get.

Back
Top Bottom