• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX 980 Owners Thread

Soldato
EVGA 980 GTX arrived an hour ago :D Did a quick and dirty overclock of 203Mhz on the core and 259Mhz on the memory. Ran through Firestrike without a hitch though I heard the fan speed up noticeably at points. Still a quiet system though. Firestrike score was 11334 and I know this card can improve on that.

Nice! that beats my twins by a decent margin (Last run was 10346 on Firestrike extreme) both at 1202/7008

Permabanned
Judging by the clocks most are reaching with these cards, I don't think it matters which one you buy. It's all down to preference & taste.

Yup i hate the silver cooler on reference though, I refuse to buy one. I just want something else that aint reference and is in stock. :(

Gibbo is there anything due soon? Like two weeks soon and not Oct meaning 31st Oct lol.

Associate
Since I have an Asus Swift, i'm most likely going to return my R295X2 for 2x 980's. Are the coolers on the Reference style of the EVGA SC's decent? Or would you guys recommend a different card?

Back
Top Bottom