• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Haha yeah it's crazy how much stock people are putting into RTX and DLSS and most games don't even use it!
I'm actually surprised it's still such a vanishingly small number. The way they were touted as the second coming as if almost every game would be using them and uptake has been pedestrian at best. Can't say I regret not 'just buying it'!;)

Associate
Super surprised we haven't had invites go out to press yet for the nvidia launch. Was kinda expecting an end of August "Web stream" and then them hitting the market in 2nd week of September, at least in a "Paper launch".

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Haha yeah it's crazy how much stock people are putting into RTX and DLSS and most games don't even use it!

Im telling ya it pure contradiction. If AMD introduce or push something for their cards and it takes ages to get any games to use it its smited down on the forums and laughter reverberating round the 'gaming' circles as a big flop "nobody uses it" etc.

Soldato
Are people still whinging about people who bought a 2080Ti? Seriously?

Bud, you need to chill a bit. You clearly see things as you see but others have a fair point and a valid point at times. Life is good and no need to be so sensitive :)
:p:D;)

Ahh good old Greggo. He bought an AMD card once or maybe twice in his lifetime and that was to review stuff on his tech site. :rolleyes: If your comfortable with nvidia inflating the prices to the heights they have now set, then you will never see the point of the regular PC gamer.

Soldato
Im telling ya it pure contradiction. If AMD introduce or push something for their cards and it takes ages to get any games to use it its smited down on the forums and laughter reverberating round the 'gaming' circles as a big flop "nobody uses it" etc.

I am genuinely surprised to be honest, I knew it wasn't a massive number but I have never checked since launch and had no idea it was that small a number. Almost 1 game every 2 months since launch yet it's the most talked about part of the card.

Soldato
I am genuinely surprised to be honest, I knew it wasn't a massive number but I have never checked since launch and had no idea it was that small a number. Almost 1 game every 2 months since launch yet it's the most talked about part of the card.

Some of these are also old games tarted up. I seriously think the 2000 series was a bad time to get a card, period.

Soldato
Some of these are also old games tarted up. I seriously think the 2000 series was a bad time to get a card, period.

It was. I was very keen to upgrade, always have the money to do so but just didn’t.

kept some settings dialled down on my 1070.

there was no way I was going to pay £300+ (Once I’d sold my card) for the Few extra frames a 2070 could give me and when the supers came out they still couldn’t tempt me as I knew the 30 series wasn’t far away.

Back
Top Bottom