• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia: Order of 10?

Associate
bleh, with all those triangles, i guess the leaked shroud is for real, surprised though that they went with that design, can't wait to see how much perf the 1080 is going to push over the 980Ti

Soldato
bleh, with all those triangles, i guess the leaked shroud is for real, surprised though that they went with that design, can't wait to see how much perf the 1080 is going to push over the 980Ti

Many delusional posters on here still think the 980ti/titanX will be faster - simply hilarious!

Associate
You would have to be a bit silly to think they'll release a new flagship slower than the last. Especially with double perf/watt to play with. The real question is how much faster will it be exactly than the Titan X, which no one here can answer with 100% certainty.

Soldato
Don't give much for the 980 Ti's chances but the Titan X will outlive the mid range Pascal/Polaris cards simply because they have 12gb of VRAM.

Will depend on the new cards. If say a 1080 ti is 8GB and faster by a fair amount for 2 and maybe 3 card setups it might well be a better choice, Sure for 4 card setups 12GB is better But if you cant push high enough FPS 12GB is wasted

Associate
That is some good marketing right there. AMD really need to up their marketing, it is not as good as nvidia.

Don't give much for the 980 Ti's chances but the Titan X will outlive the mid range Pascal/Polaris cards simply because they have 12gb of VRAM.

Lol. Maybe in a multi gpu setup which is a very small percentage and will only get smaller as mgpu gaming is getting worse by the day. But for single cards, doubt it.

By the time such a scenario would occur on a single card, people will be on much better cards anyway.

You keep saying this. We'll see soon enough if your words hold true? I hope pascal shatters Titan X utterly and completely:D

I know right. If he is right, then the new cards will be a total fail. New arch, new memory, huge leap going from 28nm to 16nm...

Soldato
Even if 1080 is faster than the 980Ti i bet it will be under 10%, and i guess pre-oced 980Ti's will still be faster by a decent margin. Either way though i'm pretty sure it will be a close call, pointless side-grade unless you have a 980/970.

Man of Honour
You keep saying this. We'll see soon enough if your words hold true? I hope pascal shatters Titan X utterly and completely:D

I expect the new NVidia cards to be a little bit faster but they will still only have 8gb which does little for futureproofing.

Will depend on the new cards. If say a 1080 ti is 8GB and faster by a fair amount for 2 and maybe 3 card setups it might well be a better choice, Sure for 4 card setups 12GB is better But if you cant push high enough FPS 12GB is wasted

There are games like XCOM 2 where you can use 10.5gb gaming on a single Titan X

Lol. Maybe in a multi gpu setup which is a very small percentage and will only get smaller as mgpu gaming is getting worse by the day. But for single cards, doubt it.

By the time such a scenario would occur on a single card, people will be on much better cards anyway.

It has always been the case, if you use Titan Xs it should be for SLI. If you don't want to use SLI you are better off getting a much cheaper 980 Ti.

Associate
I expect the new NVidia cards to be a little bit faster but they will still only have 8gb which does little for futureproofing.

There are games like XCOM 2 where you can use 10.5gb gaming on a single Titan X

It has always been the case, if you use Titan Xs it should be for SLI. If you don't want to use SLI you are better off getting a much cheaper 980 Ti.

The thing is, when you say that, a lot of people reading this will not understand that. They will think you are referring to single cards. It would be much better and accurate if you mentioned that what you are saying refers to mgpu or consider sticking your system in your sig.

There are a lot of people who seem to run a single Titan X though. Therefore I don't think people think like that or get that. Even though I do agree with you myself, it is nearly pointless having a Titan X over a 980ti for gaming if you are not going to run at least two of them.

The problem I find with a lot of your posts is you are talking about 4 way sli, but not making that clear. What you say maybe right for 4 way sli, but not be the case for single cards which most people run. A lot of people will read what you are saying who may not be regular users who know you have 4 way sli and therefore be misinformed.

Anyway, I do not want you to think I am picking on you, it is just an observation. I do enjoy reading a lot the threads you make ;)

Back
Top Bottom