• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia: Order of 10?

Soldato
OP
Nah, gonna sit on it and wait it out for the HBM cards. Pascal or Polaris will do but needs to be big.

Yeah if I was going high end I would wait as well, I mean I wouldn't imagine the 1080 will give that much of an increase over a Titan X in pure performance.

Pointless move maybe, whereas the full Pascal chip with HBM 2.0 would be a worthy upgrade. Sometimes it's just nice to have something new to play with, so when these cards actually launch might be hard for the high end buyers to resist :p (I must resist lol)

I'm looking at the GTX 1070 for my next GPU, as long as power consumption is lower than my Nano and performance is higher. That'll do me just fine... Hopefully. Really don't want the upgrade bug again :D

Soldato
OP
1080 at £450 is my call and I expect it to be around 20% faster than the 980Ti. 8GB of GDDR5 (please not 256 bit and hopefully 512). Purely guess work but I have been close before :)

I would be ok with this, Titan X beating performance for 450 squids wouldn't be a bad deal.

Seeing as we're getting a die shrink plus new architecture I don't think it's asking much either.

Still it's not much of improvement but at least the price would be ok.

If they come in at £550, and still only 10%-20% faster than I would happily grab a lesser card and sit it all out until the real deal high end arrives.

Patiently waiting for Nano 2 or similar from Nvidia. GTX 1070 will prob be the card I grab until then. Been waiting so long for new cards, 28nm needs to die so bad. Starting to think these new cards will never be released :p

Soldato
OP
My main worry is seeing what Intel does with their node shrinks and miserly performance gains. Fingers crossed that this won't be the case and we get some proper 'all guns blazing' performance.

I think the sweet spot will be the GTX 1070 until Nvidia get the Titan and the Ti variant (If we get one) out the gate.

I'm pretty sure performance from these is gonna be strong, new architecture and the node shrink. I mean Nvidia did a lot just with Maxwell on the same node. So I got faith in them to deliver. Quite excited to see the announcement tomorrow, fancy going back to the green team.

EVGA FTW (+ Backplate) GTX 1070 plz :D

Soldato
OP
I am no longer buying reference coolers. I want peace and quiet without watercooling and the TX is not the best for noise lol :D

Lol, yeah EVGA make some awesome custom air cooled cards, will be grabbing a FTW GTX 1070 with a backplate. I'm sure they will be coming. Hopefully cards aren't to far behind the announcement tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom