• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Quadro P4000 VS GTX 1070

Associate
Hi all,
I have been trying to help a friend out by optimising the PC he got from his parents. The PC is what I believe more of a workstation, but I am trying to optimise it for gaming purposes, unsure of what the PSU is but,
CPU: i7 -9800X GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P4000 RAM: 32GB (2666 MT/s).
I have a spare GTX 1070 that I had bought second hand and used for a short time before I upgraded. From the benchmarks I have looked at the GTX 1070 is better for gaming, however, I just wanted to double check that I won't be downgrading him but doing him a good favour.
This will temporarily be his GPU before me and my friends chip in for a better one.
If someone could tell me that this is a good upgrade for gaming, and what GPU to chip in for in the future, that would be great thanks.

From what I can see on TPU's GPU database, they're pretty much the same card (since they use the same die), but the 1070 has more shaders unlocked and higher clocks, so it performs better in games at the cost of higher power usage.

The P4000 may have driver optimisations that the 1070 doesn't have, though I guess you don't care about that if the PC is just used for gaming.

So you think the GTX 1070 would be the better GPU for the gaming? I’m pretty sure he is using a 2K monitor though. Would the 1070 still be better despite the monitor?

Back
Top Bottom