• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[NVIDIA] What brand has the best GPU?

Soldato
Thought be in an interesting question to ask as i would imagiine a lot of people are considering a 3xxx GPUS

• if we go back to the nvidia GTX700 until now 2080Ti now.
    which brand do you think does nvidia cards best?
its up to you decide on the reasons it could be
  • sales
  • best cooler temps
  • best looks
  • best support

if everyone could answer in the following format to help users tally that would be very nice please try to keep to 3.

Mine
* EVGA - Support/Coolers/looks
* ASUS - always decent Coolers, never bad looking
* MSI - they did the 980/1080 pretty well

Soldato
My vote would be for Zotac...5 year extended warranty.....they replaced my faulty 980ti after 4.5 years and replaced it with a new 1070 :)

980ti ran hot at 80c as most did but the 1070 barely breaks 50c as its the amp extreme version with huge cooler on it.

The new 2070s runs at 60c....not as pretty a card as the 1070 but chews through mw4 at 1440p maxed out at 100fps (no RTX on ...-20fps for that)

Zotac rma was a pleasure to go through with no hassle and a quick turnaround esp considering we were already in lockdown by then so there was only a skeleton crew on.

Just remember to register the card within 30days of purchase and file away the details.

Overclocking wise i didnt try with the 1070 but the 2070s i only got about 80Mhz extra out of the core as it was already clocked quite high and got 500Mhz out of memory

could bench it at 2100/3876 but run it at 2025/3375 for 24/7 gaming sits at 60c

Next card will hopefully be a Zotac 3080ti :)

Caporegime
Asus make the best gpu's but have the worst rma

All asus are good at is recycling the same cooler and not even making sure it fits properly. One of the 1070 coolers had issues with the ram not even touching the heat sink, they've had 2 iterations of 5700 series cards have issues due to the cooler not being secured well enough (strix and tuf cards),yet they somehow think their brand is worthy of a premium over all others.

C64

C64

Soldato
well thats just a few instances but overall down the years they've always been solid for me i think the only brands i've had major issues with are sapphire and xfx

Associate
My vote would be for Zotac...5 year extended warranty.....they replaced my faulty 980ti after 4.5 years and replaced it with a new 1070 :)

980ti ran hot at 80c as most did but the 1070 barely breaks 50c as its the amp extreme version with huge cooler on it.

The new 2070s runs at 60c....not as pretty a card as the 1070 but chews through mw4 at 1440p maxed out at 100fps (no RTX on ...-20fps for that)

Zotac rma was a pleasure to go through with no hassle and a quick turnaround esp considering we were already in lockdown by then so there was only a skeleton crew on.

Just remember to register the card within 30days of purchase and file away the details.

Overclocking wise i didnt try with the 1070 but the 2070s i only got about 80Mhz extra out of the core as it was already clocked quite high and got 500Mhz out of memory

could bench it at 2100/3876 but run it at 2025/3375 for 24/7 gaming sits at 60c

Next card will hopefully be a Zotac 3080ti :)
What's not to like, THE most important thing is performing at least as good as average in class e.g. 1080ti, 1070, 2080ti and the longest warranty with smooth RMA. All the rest is irrelevant.

Associate
Asus make the best gpu's but have the worst rma
They don't make the best GPUs though do they? They buy the GPU and assemble it into a board which usually costs £100-£300 more than everyone else's version of the same card and if you have a problem with the card you can forget it. Other than those minor details they make high performing video cards.

Soldato
well thats just a few instances but overall down the years they've always been solid for me i think the only brands i've had major issues with are sapphire and xfx

They been the same for ages I remember a friend with TNT2 they didn't want to know.

C64

C64

Soldato
They don't make the best GPUs though do they? They buy the GPU and assemble it into a board which usually costs £100-£300 more than everyone else's version of the same card and if you have a problem with the card you can forget it. Other than those minor details they make high performing video cards.

From what I'm seeing Asus seem to use better heatsinks and fans

I've never had to rma a broken gpu ever and 60% of mine have been secondhand.

All my rma has been more returning from DOA or issues, cards breaking after being fine at first has never happened to me I think only once on a secondhand xfx 7950 and sapphires i've had several down the years that were bad on arrival new.

Asus seem to put more effort in to at least making the heatsinks better more than other brands gigabyte xfx msi powercolor sapphire seem to use the same heatsink designs across models, sapphire at least does the triple slot ones here or there.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was/is said a lot of the time Asus is fine until you RMA something, I have had no trouble but I don't buy Graphic cards from them some of their MB look and are great but RMing something would worry me with them, maybe they have got better but not sure of that really.

Caporegime

They also had issues with the vega 64 strix, the thermal pad over the vrm wasn't even covering all the components. AMD products seem to be of much lesser importance to asus.

Asus seem to put more effort in to at least making the heatsinks better more than other brands gigabyte xfx msi powercolor sapphire seem to use the same heatsink designs across models, sapphire at least does the triple slot ones here or there.

:confused:

How many cards have had essentially the same strix heatsink over the last few years? It's been on the 1060, the 1070, the 1080, the 1080ti the 2060, 2060s 2070, 2070s, 2080, 2080s, 2080ti, Vega 56, 64, navi 5700 and 5700xt. And in the case of vega 64 it's not even good enough to keep the clocks up.

They've made minor changes in some iterations of it such as slightly different fans but it's essentially the same thing since it was introduced several years ago.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
a couple of cards having issues here or there is in every brand I'd say but if were talking build quality as in the parts on the card I'd still say asus

doesn't take long to go look around a bit to see asus tend to have more individual heatsinks and cooling designs whereas the other use the exact same heatsinks across multiple tiers

I think that's a 5700xt problem as multiple brands seem to be having 5700xt issues

Caporegime
a couple of cards having issues here or there is in every brand I'd say but if were talking build quality as in the parts on the card I'd still say asus

doesn't take long to go look around a bit to see asus tend to have more individual heatsinks and cooling designs whereas the other use the exact same heatsinks across multiple tiers

I think that's a 5700xt problem as multiple brands seem to be having 5700xt issues

See above ^

C64

C64

Soldato
They also had issues with the vega 64 strix, the thermal pad over the vrm wasn't even covering all the components. AMD products seem to be of much lesser importance to asus.

:confused:

How many cards have had essentially the same strix heatsink over the last few years? It's been on the 1060, the 1070, the 1080, the 1080ti the 2060, 2060s 2070, 2070s, 2080, 2080s, 2080ti, Vega 56, 64, navi 5700 and 5700xt. And in the case of vega 64 it's not even good enough to keep the clocks up.

They've made minor changes in some iterations of it such as slightly different fans but it's essentially the same thing since it was introduced several years ago.
on some models but look around asus seem to be the only ones with much more variations i'm not talking RMA i'm talking quality of the build

Caporegime
on some models but look around asus seem to be the only ones with much more variations i'm not talking RMA i'm talking quality of the build

The quality of the build can vary, if they're putting a heatsink on a card that's incapable of properly cooling the card (as in the case of vega 64) then it doesn't matter how well built the cooler is. My vega strix lucky if it hits 1500mhz with undervolting etc and still manages to hit 80c plus on the stock fan profile. It also had the flaw of the vrm pad not being wide enough. Just a good example of them reusing the same heatsink and putting little to no testing into it (as evidenced by thermals and the vrm cooling issues).

Back
Top Bottom