NZXT Fan Controller Setup

Soldato
Hey guys,

for my new build I have three NZXT F360 RGB Core fans and a single NZXT RGB & Fan Controller.

now, am I correct that I connect the RGB on all three to the controller, and then for the fans at the bottom and side, into the controller also, with the top fans for the radiator and CPU, the fan pin obviously into the CPU_Fan port on the motherboard?

im a little confused though about the connection to the controller... does the controller SATA connect via the PSU and the USB connection onto the motherboard? I ask this because there is no 4-pin connection on the controller for connecting to a system_fan header on the motherboard, to manage the system temps?

Im guessing its all done through the CAM software for the system fans???

Cheers.

would it work ok without the controller..?

could I connect the CPU fans to the CPU header, then connect the 3 side fans to a system header, and 3 bottom fans to a different system header..

then for the 5v RGB daisy chain the 3 total from the 3 sets of fans to one header?

I ask this because my AIO and case need a independent 5v RGB slot for there own RGB..

The sata is the power connection. The other is to the mobo.

The controller is beneficial because it links them all together. The wiring stays out the way at the back and you’re not using up multiple connections on your PSU / mobo.

The controller then links to NZXT cam if you’re planning on using that

thanks ben, but if there is no connection to the system fan headers, how does the fans get control for the motherboard??

is it done through CAM?

awesome stuff mate, thanks.

so I can have my RGB for all 3 sets of fans connected to the HUB, and the CPU AIO fans connected to CPU_FAN header and then the other four pins for fans connected to the HUB?

Sorry are you wanting to connect more than just the 3 NZXT fans to the controller?

I can’t comment on daisy chaining fans into the controllers.

I’ve got an NZXT case with 3 of their fans built in at the front - they’re connected to one controller.
Then I’ve got an NZXT kraken elite 360, with 3 more fans. They’re connected up to a second controller. Then I bought a single NZXT exhaust fan but didn’t want to spend another £30 on a controller just for the one fan so that’s just on the mobo header.

The 6 fans I’ve got on NZXT controllers are all connected up to CAM. The exhaust fan on the header doesn’t show up in CAM it’s on the mobo software. As is just set all my RGB to one colour that works for me.

I tried signal RGB and it connects the controllers instantly and all the fans but they don’t support the screens on the kraken.

I have the NZXT F360 RGB Cores, three of them.

Im looking to use one on the top for exhaust on a AIO and then one more on the side and the last on the bottom. they total 9 fans but only one connector / splitter per 3 fans if that makes sense?

Back
Top Bottom