NZXT H1 aio failing. Fix - edit broke again!

Associate
Just thought I’d post about my experience with an NZXT H1 case (v1) that was experiencing high temps.

I did some testing and found the pump to be running but it just wasn’t cooling correctly. I found a YouTube video when the guy basically strips out the AIO and finds a white substance build up within the copper plate housing. I followed that direction and refilled with EK cryofuel and it was back to full health. Only lasted a week before clogging again but a second clean seems to have got most of the gunk out!

It’s bad form from NZXT really as this shouldn’t be happening, they don’t want to know over support mainly due to no warranty so I’m glad the cooler has some level of serviceability.

Here is the YouTube video if it helps anyone in the future.

Last edited:
A quick resurrection to this thread with an update, and questions.

So I’ve had to strip down the cooler a further two times to clean out the gunk and it’s once again hitting 100c under load = it’s time to cut my ties.

So now I have this H1 case with a semi-decent 650w sff psu but no cooler and my options are limited. The cpu is a 5600x but I intend to up that to a 5700x3d so I’d need a cooler that can handle it.
I think to stay in the H1 I can use a Noctua L-12S air cooler or a 120mm adapter to strap on a new AIO.

Other options are a new case entirely but I quite like the idea of saving money where I can (this PC is my pc I take away with me to work, ie: second PC)

I’ve seen the NR200p max comes with everything new, anyone tried that/optinions?

Thanks!

NR200P MAX is a great option and that was after having built 2 H1 v1 systems. I didn't have any issues with the AIO in the H1 and both cases were used so you have been unlucky.

NR200P MAX AIO is much bigger (i7 12700K then 7800X3D in mine) so CPU cooling isn't an issue. GPU length may be similar but the NR200P MAX can easily fit 3 slot GPUs such as the 3080 FE in mine. Basically this is my fav main system case and that's after trying various Phantek mid-tower and Lian Li "fish tank" style cases.

I also built a NR200P v1 recently just to see the difference and it's so much easier to build a system in the NR200P MAX. The NR200P v2 will be much better now as well. The custom length wires/tubing in the MAX makes the biggest difference.

H1 is a bit more portable and takes up less desk space of course but both fit in the padded bag I have (H1 on it's side) so I also carry one of my NR200Ps with me fairly often.
Thanks for the detailed reply, I think I’ll go ahead and transfer my build into a MAX. I was kinda leaning that way but you’ve sold me on it!
:)

Good option even though it appeared to go end of life for a while on a few sites.

I actually have a 4080 FE in my MAX and a 3070 FE in my NR200P v1. Made a typo above.

7fZ36SE.jpg

Nice build! I also noted that a MAX V2 is available to order. Almost went for it but it’s an additional £50 on the v1. I actually ordered the NR200p v2 (non max) with a ‘money saving’ approach as I can reuse the 650w psu from the H1.
I did also go ahead and flush the aio again and added new coolant, so hopefully that will get me through a few more weeks.

Shame the v2 can only mount the GPU vertically though. I much prefer the layout of the v1, but they’re either out of stock, or on a long wait period for delivery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom