NZXT H1

Associate
RAM came yesterday so spent the day setting this up. Boy this is one sexy looking case! Super pleased with it. Will post some photos shortly, but this is what I'm running in it:
MSI z490i Unify
i7-10700k
5700XT Red Devil
32gb 3600mhz CL16
1tb Corsair MP510 NVME
512gb Corsair MP510 NVME (this will be my Hackintosh boot drive).

Spent this morning with the PC in my lounge connected to a 4k TV as it's closer to the router for faster downloads.

Similar to others the pump being at 100% all the time can be quite annoying, as it's a high pitched sound. However I was able to go into my bios, switch the pump fan to DC and set a smart fan curve based on CPU temps. It now runs silent at ~2900RPM, but will ramp up to the full 3.8k once things get heated. I find this much better because by this point the other fans drown it out.

I have 3 x Noctua A4x20's coming next week, and will preorder a black metal ventilated front panel. The glass looks great especially because every part I have is black except for the Red Devil lighting, however it does feel wasteful to block GPU exhaust just for some lights.

To fit the red devil in I had to unscrew the front panel IO. Not a big deal, but it literally just about fits. Here's how much clearance I had: :D

EPkis2A.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It begins.
Stock AIO watercooling removed.
Motherboard in, measurements underway for tubing..
This tiny box is getting a full custom loop with a Monsta radiator!

In its new home, right over the desk wiring tidy hole.
H39ysC2l.jpg

And for context, with the Phantek enthoo Primo under the desk
wsZeB1cl.jpg

Downsizing slightly.

Soldato
Are you sticking with the one 140mm radiator? Or planning to rear-mount a larger rad?
Stock cooling removed.

Case on desk, over a desk tidy/wiring hole... all cables and hoses routed through this to under desk.
Under desk will be res with D5 pump and the Monsta 480mm rad with push pull fans, fan speeds controlled by water temperature.

Soldato
This is the single most fiddly bit of hardline I have ever had to bend. Working out angles was a bit of a nightmare but got there in the end.
5 separate wiggles and bends, in the end it slotted in with no drama so did something right!
Y3U6FTXl.jpg

Associate
Right so my graphics card is so thick that it doesn't fit unless I take the mesh dust cover off. Not a big deal but it doesn't look as nice with the mesh taken out.

Coudnt get the lid off for about half an hour it was such a tight fit. The fans on the graphics card were catching on the dust cover inside!! Nearly did some damage.

All up and running now (almost) need to wiggle some RGB strips about into better places and try to find space to put two more SSDs

Soldato
Would be handy if case manufacturers and graphics card manufacturers would give better measurements. When one lists "55mm clearance", and the other lists "2.7 slot thickness" it isn't exactly helpful...

Soldato
Stock cooling removed.

Case on desk, over a desk tidy/wiring hole... all cables and hoses routed through this to under desk.
Under desk will be res with D5 pump and the Monsta 480mm rad with push pull fans, fan speeds controlled by water temperature.

That's pretty cool.

Saw a post on Reddit that may be of interest to you. 3D printed rails to allow you to mount the glass on a different side of the case and show off you motherboard or GPU:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/hk9lkj/3d_printed_rails_for_the_h1_that_let_you_rotate

Associate
Which motherboard headers are you all plugging the fan/pump into in. I currently have the fan in CPU and pump into a SYS fan header.

It seems like the fan is 100% constantly. Not a big deal as it's quiet. But when my pc goes to sleep or low power mode I think the pump is switching off and the temps are shooting up!!

Any help is appreciated.

Associate
Which motherboard headers are you all plugging the fan/pump into in. I currently have the fan in CPU and pump into a SYS fan header.

It seems like the fan is 100% constantly. Not a big deal as it's quiet. But when my pc goes to sleep or low power mode I think the pump is switching off and the temps are shooting up!!

Any help is appreciated.

CPU fan into cpu_fan and pump fan into pump_fan. I've got 3xNoctua A4x20 connected to sys_fan.

I have it setup in my bios so that pump_fan uses DC. This allows me to set a 4 point fan curve with it. I have it running at about 2900 RPM when idle, which is silent to me (note that when I set it too low it just turns off completely, so there's a minimum there somewhere). When the CPU starts getting heated it spins faster, but by this point the CPU fan drowns out the sound anyways. It's not perfect as CPU temperature and water temperature most likely differ, but it works for me and supports a 5Ghz all core OC on a 10700k.

Back
Top Bottom