NZXT H1

Soldato
I can't connect the type C port, but the normal one works fine
Think i've somehow got it fixed, seems to behave OK now. I've been able to get both the USB A and C ports on top working.

Used a USB3 19 Pin to Type-E 20 pin adapter to allow me to connect the case cable to the motherboard. And also a USB3 19 Pin to USB2 9 Pin Female cable adapter to then connect the USB A port to the USB2 header on my B550I Aorus Pro AX.

Not expecting the USB A port to run at full USB3 speeds, but at least it's functional.

Soldato
Anyone had any luck getting both top ports hooked up to motherboard? I've got a new build in the H1 case but it's acting very odd. Neither the type C or A port will detect a pen drive/etc in windows until i goto device manager a force a rescan of hardware.

Not sure if it's hardware or something with Windows. Going to try booting to Linux see if it works as normal.

Normal type A works fine on mine. Can't hook up the type C as Asus thought it would be a good idea to leave off the type C connector on their X570 ITX board but put it on the B550 model.... :o

Associate
I requested the nylon screws in Feb and got them earlier this month. All fitted fine. Is there any further need for a new riser? I thought the issue was just screws cutting in and shorting to the case?

Also, anyone know if any third party PCIE gen 4.0 riser cables would swap in to this case?

Associate
I requested the nylon screws in Feb and got them earlier this month. All fitted fine. Is there any further need for a new riser? I thought the issue was just screws cutting in and shorting to the case?

Also, anyone know if any third party PCIE gen 4.0 riser cables would swap in to this case?

yeah linkup do one tailored to replace the h1 and it’s pice 4. However last I looked it was only available from america and then you had postage fees and import fees.

Associate
x570 board and RT6700XT, so all gen 4. Can't even get into the BIOS or boot unless I use the previous gen3 GFX card I still have, to change PCIE gen down to gen3 from Auto. Rather not go through that faff again, and may sell the RTX2060 at some point.

Associate
After doing a bit of research it looks like my AIO has gunked up and the flow is blocked. All fan and pump RPMs are good, but with everything manually set to full speed and sat in the BIOS the CPU will keep rising over a minute or so until I turn it off at ±91⁰C.

No untoward noises from the pump just normal hum, and I've given it a shake to see if there are any air bubbles to shift. Reseated contact plate with new thermal paste and no change.

Have started chats with NZXT support and hoping to get an RMA on just the AIO in time before the warranty is up in September :(

Got a low profile Noctua air cooler on order in the meantime. Anyone else had any issues when nothing electrical seems to have died?

Soldato
After doing a bit of research it looks like my AIO has gunked up and the flow is blocked. All fan and pump RPMs are good, but with everything manually set to full speed and sat in the BIOS the CPU will keep rising over a minute or so until I turn it off at ±91⁰C.

No untoward noises from the pump just normal hum, and I've given it a shake to see if there are any air bubbles to shift. Reseated contact plate with new thermal paste and no change.

Have started chats with NZXT support and hoping to get an RMA on just the AIO in time before the warranty is up in September :(

Got a low profile Noctua air cooler on order in the meantime. Anyone else had any issues when nothing electrical seems to have died?
I'm also experiencing some issues with heat. I'm only browsing this forum and watching a YouTube video and I'm sat at ~60. - Just checked HWiNFO and seen this morning it's peaked at 93! I've only used Chrome!

A month or so ago I noticed I was over 70 so replaced the thermal compound. That didn't help. I sort of just left it now thinking it was normal as I can't remember what it originally sat at when I built it. I have noticed the fan is louder then it used to be, it was almost silent when I built it.

Perhaps I should revisit the fault and attempt to diagnose it

Associate
@mushtafa I know you started a thread about it, but I thought I'd add my experience in here. I got the RMA AIO from NZXT no problem as it was within guarantee. However, I haven't fitted it and am tempted to sell the case with the new AIO just so any potential buyers aren't put off it if had been used (in light of this issue.) I'd be replacing it with the H1 V2 just because the aesthetic suits the room :D

I've been using the low profile Noctua cooler since, but it's just not as good as the NZXT AIO and louder. It was always intended to be temporary so not complaining.

Soldato
@mushtafa I know you started a thread about it, but I thought I'd add my experience in here. I got the RMA AIO from NZXT no problem as it was within guarantee. However, I haven't fitted it and am tempted to sell the case with the new AIO just so any potential buyers aren't put off it if had been used (in light of this issue.) I'd be replacing it with the H1 V2 just because the aesthetic suits the room :D

I've been using the low profile Noctua cooler since, but it's just not as good as the NZXT AIO and louder. It was always intended to be temporary so not complaining.

I managed to finally speak to someone higher up at NZXT and they agreed that that the cooler was faulty. This will be my last NZXT product though, the whole process has been very long and slow.
I will start looking for a replacement case in the new year I think. I don't want the issue again

Soldato
I managed to finally speak to someone higher up at NZXT and they agreed that that the cooler was faulty. This will be my last NZXT product though, the whole process has been very long and slow.
I will start looking for a replacement case in the new year I think. I don't want the issue again
Buy a Formd T1, I just did :)

Back
Top Bottom