NZXT Kraken Support

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ok another update, now that overclockers have sorted it low and behold NZXT have now replied to the support query.

I confirmed my address to them and he replied again within minutes, so maybe one the ticket has been picked up the support is OK, but that's not much of an excuse for the initial delay.

At least i'll have some spares now.
Just happy to hear you got it sorted in the end :)

Associate
I was doing the initial tightening with my thumbs unbelievably, must have been made of cheese!

lol, if only i knew about this, anyway do you know who you spoke to at overclocker, as i did try to make a call to them and they are directing me to NZXT and i am still waiting for an update regarding my ticket, after they sent me the wrong standoff .. as the one they sent me was for the old intel 1366... not sure why... i would be most greatful...thanks

Associate
OP
lol, if only i knew about this, anyway do you know who you spoke to at overclocker, as i did try to make a call to them and they are directing me to NZXT and i am still waiting for an update regarding my ticket, after they sent me the wrong standoff .. as the one they sent me was for the old intel 1366... not sure why... i would be most greatful...thanks

I have some spares, what do you need? I can post out to you.

Associate
OP
send me an email and i'll send you a pic of what I ahve here and you can tell me what you need / i'll get posted out.

Removed email

Last edited:
Associate
send me an email and i'll send you a pic of what I ahve here and you can tell me what you need / i'll get posted out.

Recieved item and thank you....Trust has been updated, just one things has anyone ever got the cam software to ever work with the kraken dont matter what i do it will not recognise it.... i even did a temporary windows 10 installation, and just installed board driver and then the software and still nothing... does that mean my kraken needs a RMA.

Associate
The thing to check is the USB header plugged in, is that USB header live?

That's what connects to the cam software and will be your point of failure

Does it appear in device manager?

Associate
The thing to check is the USB header plugged in, is that USB header live?

That's what connects to the cam software and will be your point of failure

Does it appear in device manager?

Yeaph i did check that also and when i take it out, the system fans all speed up and the light disappears, when i reconnect it the white light comes back on in a whirl motion and the fans go back quiet, i also try changing the cable and using another usb 2.0 port. For some unknown reason it still will not show up in the device manager, even when i try to use it on an external usb 2.0 still nothing. I have check the motherboard ports with other devices and they are working fine.

Associate
I was dreading that, as it going to have to be shipped off to the States... Hope when they come back, they won't be looking at custom charges... Lol also still waiting for them to get back to me regarding the parts I requested..

But thanks to the webzta who saved the day and sent me some spare... A+...

Associate
Sad to see NZXT getting a slating. I've used them twice now for RMA/tickets. The first time was for my Kraken X62 which had a dead mini USB cable/header. New one was with me via post within a week of raising ticket.

Raised another ticket for my year old S340 Elite's headphone jack on top, told them it'd stopped worked. Within 9 days, a whole new top panel USB hub/audio/power button assembly arrived which worked perfectly.

I really can't fault them at all, shame they let you down.

Associate
I was dreading that, as it going to have to be shipped off to the States... Hope when they come back, they won't be looking at custom charges... Lol also still waiting for them to get back to me regarding the parts I requested..

But thanks to the webzta who saved the day and sent me some spare... A+...
Wait wait just saw this. Exact same symptoms as I had with mine!

Try a new mini USB cable, but plug it into an external header on the back of your mobo. It's most probably the USB 2.0 cable that came with it, I tried a mini USB from an old phone and it worked perfectly. Raised a ticket as above and a week later received my new internal mini USB.

Associate
Sad to see NZXT getting a slating. I've used them twice now for RMA/tickets. The first time was for my Kraken X62 which had a dead mini USB cable/header. New one was with me via post within a week of raising ticket.

Raised another ticket for my year old S340 Elite's headphone jack on top, told them it'd stopped worked. Within 9 days, a whole new top panel USB hub/audio/power button assembly arrived which worked perfectly.

I really can't fault them at all, shame they let you down.

Wow sorry that you felt that i am slating them, just being honest, i have to give them 10/10 for the design and innovation, also i do have another products from them just there customer is just something to desire... also regarding the overall turnaround it does take time especially with a system that is always in constant use, loosing an AIO for a week or two is really bad.

Wait wait just saw this. Exact same symptoms as I had with mine!

Try a new mini USB cable, but plug it into an external header on the back of your mobo. It's most probably the USB 2.0 cable that came with it, I tried a mini USB from an old phone and it worked perfectly. Raised a ticket as above and a week later received my new internal mini USB.

Yeph i have tired that i have found a cable for a old sat nav and also a phone cable (O2 XDA Stellar....stop laughing), what has confused me is that when i plug the usb cable in the light on the kraken x62 shows up and spins, when i take it off it of the light goes out, does that mean it is receiving some form of communication, or could it be what was said about possible the mini port is dead....(confused) I am getting information of the fans and also of the pump, if i am reading it correct...

Associate
Wow sorry that you felt that i am slating them, just being honest, i have to give them 10/10 for the design and innovation, also i do have another products from them just there customer is just something to desire... also regarding the overall turnaround it does take time especially with a system that is always in constant use, loosing an AIO for a week or two is really bad.

No need to be sorry, I'm not NZXT staff :D Just a shame as it seems they can either be really great or really bad. I'd love to see a time when they were consistently great! I find their products fantastic, really like everything they make.

Yeph i have tired that i have found a cable for a old sat nav and also a phone cable (O2 XDA Stellar....stop laughing), what has confused me is that when i plug the usb cable in the light on the kraken x62 shows up and spins, when i take it off it of the light goes out, does that mean it is receiving some form of communication, or could it be what was said about possible the mini port is dead....(confused) I am getting information of the fans and also of the pump, if i am reading it correct...

Ah okay, I see. Have you been into Control Panel > Devices (where all the printers etc are) while you've got it plugged in using the external mini USB? If it shows some kind of NZXT Controller device in there, right click it and uninstall it. Uninstall CAM completely, reboot. Install CAM (ticking Kraken drivers) with the Kraken plugged in via external mini USB, then see if it appears in the Tuning > Cooling tab of CAM.

I had to do that cycle when I got my new cable. If not it sounds like the mini USB port (on the actual pump) isn't well, although if the Kraken is lighting up etc it suggests a signal is at least being received?

Associate
I had a X62 fail - pump stopped working - logged a ticket apart from a 1 or 2 day between responses it's been fine. Didn't have to RMA they just wanted proof of destruction before shipping a new unit. Not sure where it is been shipped from as it's been 10 days already...

Associate
No need to be sorry, I'm not NZXT staff :D Just a shame as it seems they can either be really great or really bad. I'd love to see a time when they were consistently great! I find their products fantastic, really like everything they make.

Ah okay, I see. Have you been into Control Panel > Devices (where all the printers etc are) while you've got it plugged in using the external mini USB? If it shows some kind of NZXT Controller device in there, right click it and uninstall it. Uninstall CAM completely, reboot. Install CAM (ticking Kraken drivers) with the Kraken plugged in via external mini USB, then see if it appears in the Tuning > Cooling tab of CAM.

I had to do that cycle when I got my new cable. If not it sounds like the mini USB port (on the actual pump) isn't well, although if the Kraken is lighting up etc it suggests a signal is at least being received?

lol control panel is dead, nothing showing up so right now i am about to do a KO on all the NZXT product, because this product is starting to give me grey hairs for real. I know i been out of the game for a bit but, damn how comes it worked on my old system and once transferred it over it stop working for unknown reason, NZXT telling me to check another motherboard... with USB ports, i got there internal USB hub and still that don't work either, but everything else does ......lol

Glad to see NZXT appear to be sorting out the issues with the tickets and response times.

thanks mate for the package, guess what i hit them up on wednesday regarding this issue and previous ticket and now they going to express one to me, for some reason that ticket went missing regarding the standoffs but it is in my account for like 20+ days. (i just wanted to say stick it up there @#$#@#$ but i need them for something else...)... lol

Associate
I had a X62 fail - pump stopped working - logged a ticket apart from a 1 or 2 day between responses it's been fine. Didn't have to RMA they just wanted proof of destruction before shipping a new unit. Not sure where it is been shipped from as it's been 10 days already...

most likely from the states and everything i see so far is from there base, the problem i have is that is might go via custom which is very tricky sometime things does well and something they dont, unless they tryin to go via europe to avoid it...who knows...

Associate
lol control panel is dead, nothing showing up so right now i am about to do a KO on all the NZXT product, because this product is starting to give me grey hairs for real. I know i been out of the game for a bit but, damn how comes it worked on my old system and once transferred it over it stop working for unknown reason, NZXT telling me to check another motherboard... with USB ports, i got there internal USB hub and still that don't work either, but everything else does ......lol

thanks mate for the package, guess what i hit them up on wednesday regarding this issue and previous ticket and now they going to express one to me, for some reason that ticket went missing regarding the standoffs but it is in my account for like 20+ days. (i just wanted to say stick it up there @#$#@#$ but i need them for something else...)... lol
Hmm, if it worked on your old system it does sound like it's something to do with the new one. Haven't a clue what it would be though, pretty weird. Did the full CAM driver reinstall? Sounds like RMA time.

Associate
i tired it on the old system again, which was a pain due to putting all the part back together just to test the water cooler and it wont work again, so i guess it was on it way out, i thought it was because i clone windows initially in the first build but even with the fresh installation...poor windows activation, still didnt...so i am just waiting for RMA confirmation, it still works which is good just cant control the lights, the fans all work and everything...so at least the new system is getting cooled.

Back
Top Bottom