O&O Defrag not starting

Associate
I have O&O defrag to automatically start when I boot up. But it's not starting up :(

I get the little icon in the taskbar with a red x through it. When I try and open it I get this message:

The connection to O&O Defrag Agent could not be established. Possibly, O&O Defrag service has not been started. You can manually start it using the Windows Services Management.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)

So I go to try and manually start it but it can't do it:

Error 1053 - The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

:(

Any advice?

Soldato
Hi two things to check-
Go to services.msc (type in start search services.msc double click on file that appear's )
Look for O&ODefrag and Status should be Started and Startup type should be Automatic. If it is running you should see oodag.exe running in the Process tab of the Task Manager.
Also check-
Your firewall is allowing O&O access to the network ( it doesnt access the internet BUT NEEDS to be allowed )
Just what I turned up hope this helps.

Associate
OP
It's been running perfectly fine for a couple of months, this is the first time I've had any issue and it just appeared out of nowhere this morning.

I've been to services.msc and it is set to automatic, but it isn't running. When I try to start it I get that error 1053 message I posted above. oodag.exe isn't running in the processes tab.

Added O&O to the windows firewall and set it to allow, however the problem remains :(

Associate
OP
When I try to uninstall I get this error message!

cry.jpg

:(

I've done a full search for 'ood_64_pro' and can't find it

Associate
OP
Can't find the original installer anywhere :s

Got a feeling it ended up in firefox's default temporary file bit as I probably didn't specify a download place for it when I originally got it off the O&O site.

Back
Top Bottom