O11D Evo Build

Associate
Decided to ditch my EVO.
Planned for a triple rad setup, but because of the size of the GPU block (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...d-rgb-water-block-nickel-plexi-wc-a9f-ek.html), I wouldn't be able to fit the pump/reservoir combo.
The flat version of the reservoir may have worked, but considering how close the GPU block was to the glass (barely a sheet of paper, if not touching it).
Personally, even with the upright GPU kit, the inverted mode seems odd to my eyes.
Depending on the GPU you're using, you may have some more flexibility, but for a standard orientation case, I would choose the O11 XL any day.
I don't really like the Evo's bottom filters.
The only advantage for my use was the possibility of front intake/mesh, but that should've been included in the case as standard.

Associate
Decided to ditch my EVO.
Planned for a triple rad setup, but because of the size of the GPU block (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...d-rgb-water-block-nickel-plexi-wc-a9f-ek.html), I wouldn't be able to fit the pump/reservoir combo.
The flat version of the reservoir may have worked, but considering how close the GPU block was to the glass (barely a sheet of paper, if not touching it).
Personally, even with the upright GPU kit, the inverted mode seems odd to my eyes.
Depending on the GPU you're using, you may have some more flexibility, but for a standard orientation case, I would choose the O11 XL any day.
I don't really like the Evo's bottom filters.
The only advantage for my use was the possibility of front intake/mesh, but that should've been included in the case as standard.

I ran triple rad in the original o11d and now just have dual 360's in the Evo and temps are no different actually they are a little lower with the dual rad setup (tested with my hardware that was in the o11d removing one rad dropped temps by 2c due to less clutter in the case and better airflow).

I've always tried to fill every corner of the case when doing builds just to make it look balanced taken a different approach with the Evo and think it works.

Soldato
OP
I considered the XL after realising that my PC wont even be on my desk as I don't have room and therefore wont get to appreciate the aesthetics. I think I'll get a little side table to put it on,but then the wires will annoy me. Can't win.

V F

V F

Soldato
I considered the XL after realising that my PC wont even be on my desk as I don't have room and therefore wont get to appreciate the aesthetics. I think I'll get a little side table to put it on,but then the wires will annoy me. Can't win.

What made you switch?

V F

V F

Soldato
I don't think the XL is all that different to the EVO width wise but it is at least 5 inches taller and maybe an inch or two longer.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's really a mid tower with extensions. Not a true, true full tower like the Phantek's Enthoo 719.

Though since your mention of cables, I would keep the EVO, reverse the case so the motherboard is inverted so you can keep the cables facing the wall.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was considering the XL also but decided to go for the Evo as for me the XL wasn't worth the extra cost. XL is taller and a bit longer but all the extra space is at the bottom. Pretty sure the Evo has more space for a rad in the top. Width wise both are the same.

And why oh why did they put ROG branding on the XL. Apparently it can be scraped off with a blade but I shouldn't have to do that!

V F

V F

Soldato
I have the enthoo 719
It's definitely a FULL tower
Had to put wheels on mine as when fully loaded
It's severely heavy

I was going to go for that case but then I found out the EK XE 360 radiator wont fit on the floor. If only the case was just a little wider.

I loved the aspect of that case allowing you to place two 480 Hardware Labs Nemesis GTS in the front. I've seen someone's build with two in the front.

7:23

Soldato
OP
Was look at CPU blocks now I know AM5 can use the same ones. Due to my general dislike of RGB I can see a saving to be made not getting RGB block. For example, the Heatkiller one is like £50 and looks fine in black. The EK velocity 2 was like £120.

Back
Top Bottom