O2 gone painfully slow?

Associate
Just came on here to see if anybody else is suffering. Here's the current speed on my 20mb connection:

I'm in Cheshire and only 20mins from Manchester!

Associate
I don't know! It happened to me a few weeks ago and they said they had problems and the traffic was being re-routed. It lasted a few days!

I've just tried to call them and the message says that they are experiencing high call volumes so I presume something big has gone wrong again!

I was really happy with O2 until now.

Soldato
Just tested mine, for 13 mb sync does seem a little slow!

425528925.png

Soldato

its aweful right now carnt even stream iplayer :( upload is fine though ?

edit: just saw this on be forums

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:19 pm Post subject: Sunday March 8th: Ping/Speed issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Members,
At the moment some of you may experience slow throughput speed and increased latency. This is caused by a few links that are currenly down. Our network team is aware of the issue and as soon as we have more information, we will let you know.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused

no mention of when its gonna be fixed though........

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought my internet was running very slow and spotted this thread,

Just did a speedtest and got the following:

425557684.png

Ussually get 10mb and 30ms ping,

Nice :)

Associate
Really bad here for me as well - Sunday days are usually ok but am getting more upload than on downloads. Ping to Jolt is also getting dropped packets

Associate
Got dreadful speeds here...... and high latency. Strange this is rare... usually O2 very good for speeds and latency o_O:eek:

Back
Top Bottom