O2 gone painfully slow?

Soldato
Its got better for me too tonight matey

speed.io.png

Associate
I'm on O2 access and I sync at 7.6 which is great. I can only get my full speed at off peak times and from 4pm until 1 am I am lucky to get 1/2 meg download and terrible pings which are enough for me to get kicked or dropped from most games.

I am on the Singleton exchange so no chance ever of getting a LLU.

I would like to cancel as O2 say there is no problem, I am outside my cancellation period, anybody know of my legal rights here? My next door neighbour is on AOL and gets a constant 2 meg with no drop offs at all.

Edit: Looks like they fixed it :)

2nd Edit: Maybe not :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I use namesco broadband, around £40 quid a month for a 50gb download limit, 8 meg broadband, fixed IP and 856kb upspeed.

I find it works really well, with tiscali I couldn't use bbc iplayer at all, now i'm with Namesco I can watch it in high quality while surfing the net.

Tis mint.

And no, i don't work for namesco

Soldato
I use namesco broadband, around £40 quid a month for a 50gb download limit, 8 meg broadband, fixed IP and 856kb upspeed.

I find it works really well, with tiscali I couldn't use bbc iplayer at all, now i'm with Namesco I can watch it in high quality while surfing the net.

Tis mint.

And no, i don't work for namesco

£40 for 8mb and a download limit?! Yikes.

Soldato
Not really yikes considering its a non LLU, business package hence the extra upload and better Openreach fault SLA.

You get what you pay for.

Dont really think "you get what you pay for" applies though. I pay £7.50 a month for O2 broadband that is constantly 5mb (max i can get) and unlimited downloads. Never been hit with throttling or anything.

O2 Access, whilst no where near as good as LLU, is about £17 odd for 8mb, unlimited downloads, but slower upload. Fair enough if you want faster upload then yea pay more, but i think £40 is way way too much for a non-llu, download limited connection. Just imo.

Soldato
Past few nights I have actually had decent speed for once, don't know if anyone else has noticed a difference. I am getting about 7Mb down and 0.4Mb up which is near my peak speed for the line. Pings are also a fairly normal rate at about 70ms and I can stream video in the evening for the first time in ages. We'll see how long it lasts.

I pay only £12.50 a month for my Access package thanks to Paul from O2 on these forums who was kind enough to get me a discount.

Back
Top Bottom