Oblivion is boring - will I enjoy Fallout 3 any more?

Caporegime
I'm about 2 hours into Oblivion and finding it boring as hell. It's really not grabbing me. I've thus far got to the priory where the monk has had a look at the amulet, but all I've really done is wander endlessly and got bitchslapped in fights.

I'm wondering whether it's the setting that's not gripping me, in which case Fallout 3 would possibly be a better bet, or whether I just don't particular like big open RPGs, in which case Fallout 3 will also suck the balls.

Any thoughts?

Caporegime
OP
Know what you mean. It can be very daunting starting out in Oblivion for the first time... HUGE map with so much in it, you could easily spend 24 hours simply collecting plants and making sweet potions lol. But some people want to be baby fed into the game. Me, I loved it the first time I played. "Out of jail... Off you go, oh, go see this guy if you want to..." lol.

ags

Baby steps seems like a bit of a slight...

I just don't have time to faff around with that. I get an hour or two a night, and that's it. I'm not gaming all weekend. If I was at uni I might get more out of it, but family life rather gets in the way of big gaming marathons.

I'd rather have something where I can play for an hour and feel I've achieved something in that time, and not just in the "achievements" sense of the word.

Back
Top Bottom