Obtaining a refund for a cancelled service (Wizz Air)

Soldato
Hi all

Earlier this month, I travelled via Wizz Air, and paid for an airport transfer via their website.

I paid for the zone which corresponded with the location I was travelling to.

A few of days before travelling, a company reached out to me for the exact address, and when I provided it, they informed me they don’t cover that location.

I pointed them towards the Wizz Air website and my booking confirmation, which showed the location.

They apologised and that was that. I had to book alternative means of getting to the property I was staying at.

Since then, I’ve been in touch with Wizz Air, whom I paid for the service, and have asked for a refund on the basis that my service was not fulfilled.

They’ve denied me a refund due to it being a third party service, and said that if I have any complaints I should raise a case with Hungarian travel authorities: https://kormanyhivatalok.hu/

The third party have said I need to deal with Wizz Air as they processed the payment.

I have raised a case with my bank for a charge back, but want to explore other avenues.

Does anybody have suggestions other than the standard boxing stance and letterbox approach?

Soldato
OP
If you took the service out with whizzair and paid them directly then it's definitely them who should be dealing with it.

Put a complaint in, and then raise a chargeback with your bank that contract was not fulfilled completely - attach your communication to show the third party declined the service as an area they don't operate in.

It's on wizzair to get their own money back from their suppliers - not the customers.

Yeah this is the approach I've taken so far. Their response to the complaint was:

Thank you for contacting Wizz Air Customer Service Department.

Regarding your request, we would like to inform you that Wizz Air is not responsible for third-party services.

In this case, you can find the contact details of external partners via
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/partner-services/partner-services

When I disputed this, they just pointed me towards the Hungarian dispute system linked in the OP.

Cheeky buggers.

Back
Top Bottom