OcUK Aion Guild

Soldato
Thought i'd do a new thread for this as its not beta related and i don't want it to get lost in the other thread.

The time is near for full release and a few people have mentioned wanting to be in a OcUK guild. I ran the OcUK WoW guild for quite a while so thought i'd kick this one off too. Any OcUK member can join and there are no class restrictions in place as i imagine in a few weeks time the class composition will have changed dramatically.

I've set up some forums (pretty rushed so don't look particularly shiny) which have some polls created for server and faction. I've also done one for which class you are going for to give people an idea although like i said above dont expect this to be accurate for long.

Please feel free to sign up and vote and post any suggestions. Link is www.ocuk-aion.co.uk.

Does anyone have any idea on how people are leaning faction wise on a server scale? I'm just a little worried that 75% of people will pick one side like happened in WAR.

Theres a very strong leaning generally towards Asmodians. Part of the reason for this is that the Asmo capital is far better laid out than the Elyos, but there are other factors too.

On the plus side, Aion has racial auto balancing..too many of one race on a server and it just doesnt let you make any more of that race. On the downside this can potentially run you into a situation where 60% of your guild makes a character and you then find the others cant until someone makes more of the opposite race.

Hmm thats a little worrying, i want to avoid the possibility of having to move server etc. The vote for the server looks pretty good for Spatalos, hopefuly there will be a good mix.

I'm only just in a position to logon now but cant update the game as it keeps saying:

Error Code: 36 (PatchServerCommunicationError):

Patch server communication error while performing operation:

Getting Current Version

Any ideas anyone?

K thats done the trick thanks, this is before the hosts file edit:

Name: aion.gslb.ncsoft.com
Address: 206.127.148.84
Aliases: aion.patcher.ncsoft.com

Guess that patcher is down then?

Any idea how long it will take patching from the open beta client? There is no progress in the launcher.

Got in and made my chars, had a slight blip with my power supply blowing just before logging on so spent 2 hours running round cambridge trying to get a new one.

Main is a warrior caled Kroney and a priest alt called Thull.

We have 65 people in the guild, there are usually 20 or so people online during peak times. There are 7 on at the moment. There will be a purge of players around a week after the free month is up so i'm expecting to drop down to around 40 or so active users.

When in game send a message to Kroney, Vibez, Cas or Buliarios for an invite.

If people play lots on their alt instead of their main then they can change who is in the guild, on the rare occasion that they are both played a lot then i will make a decision as to whether both can be in the guild. If the guild gets full alts will get kicked first.

Back
Top Bottom