• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OCUK Asus ProArt RTX 4080 Super too much?

Soldato
Im speccing up a SFF build and need to make my mind up over a GFX card. I have a Ncase M2 on order so size isn't really an issue as might have been if I had gone for my original Dan A4 H2O.
Im either going to be X870 and 9950X or maybe arrowlake and LGA1851, will see how the Intel reviews in Oct. 64GB RAM, Gen 5 and Gen 4 NVMe
I like the idea of the ProArt 4080, it is a nice compact size and I think probably should do?
I will game a little bit at 1440p (3440 x 1440p) but my monitor doesn't do above 60Hz, so I would hope I could crank some settings up for the eye candy.
I am a very heavy photoshop/ON1 user which will be the primary use for this PC, and I would prefer the CUDA toolset so lean towards Nvidia, especially now AMD have taken back ownership of the CUDA on AMD project.
Do people still think the 4080's are overpriced?
OCUK have a sale on and £979 for the Proart seems more palatable. I know next Gen is out next year, but I don't really want to wait that long, especially if current gen will do me.

Do people still think the 4080's are overpriced?
It is always relative, I mean.. if you do heavy work stuff that uses the GPU meaningfully then that gives a very different spin on it to a gamer and even a 4090 @ 1k5+ can be good value relative to the time it saves you.

Personally? I like the 4070 non-Super as close to £450 as possible. It is a decent 1440p card (especially for 60 Hz) and will have a reasonable lifespan over a 3-4 year period, before it definitely needs upgrading for the eye candy in AAA games.

According to TPU's GPU database the 4080 Super is 61% faster (raster, no ray tracing, no upscaling) and it costs over twice as much, so that's not terrible (especially if you push it hard and use ray tracing).

If you need the VRAM then the 4070 Ti Super is a decent chunk cheaper and about 20% behind.

If RDNA 4 comes in with the rumoured 4080 performance between £500-£600 it'll shake the market up, but who knows if that will happen.

It is always relative, I mean.. if you do heavy work stuff that uses the GPU meaningfully then that gives a very different spin on it to a gamer and even a 4090 @ 1k5+ can be good value relative to the time it saves you.

Personally? I like the 4070 non-Super as close to £450 as possible. It is a decent 1440p card (especially for 60 Hz) and will have a reasonable lifespan over a 3-4 year period, before it definitely needs upgrading for the eye candy in AAA games.

According to TPU's GPU database the 4080 Super is 61% faster (raster, no ray tracing, no upscaling) and it costs over twice as much, so that's not terrible (especially if you push it hard and use ray tracing).

If you need the VRAM then the 4070 Ti Super is a decent chunk cheaper and about 20% behind.

If RDNA 4 comes in with the rumoured 4080 performance between £500-£600 it'll shake the market up, but who knows if that will happen.
I had previously discounted the 4070 for the VRAM but I will revisit the 4070 Ti Super and check some productivity benches again.

4080 Super is a good card but way overpriced especially at this point. Unfortunately if you need to buy then you don't have a lot of options.

Back
Top Bottom