• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Cinebench R15 benchmark thread

Associate
Not many 8350K users here, my first build for my Dads new ITX PC, memory at 3000Mhz. Strong single core, which was the aim of the build, multicore is fairly poor, but playing flight sims and watching steam trains on youtube, he has the right CPU for his budget!

WVOzosz.jpg.png

Soldato
you probably could get 4.6ghz too with just over 1.3v :D
I think i'll have to delid before i will attempt anything over 1.28 cause the temp spike is huuge. 1,3v will put me near 88 degrees on my AIO with noctua SP fans at max RPM.. Have a feeling the thermal paste job by intel is shoddy.. what a shock haha.

Not many 8350K users here, my first build for my Dads new ITX PC, memory at 3000Mhz. Strong single core, which was the aim of the build, multicore is fairly poor, but playing flight sims and watching steam trains on youtube, he has the right CPU for his budget!

WVOzosz.jpg.png

Still stock Haswell i7 level's of performance for the multithreading.. which is good imho and yeah singlethread is a good bit ahead. Wonder how it holds up in games .. poke poke..

Soldato
I think i'll have to delid before i will attempt anything over 1.28 cause the temp spike is huuge. 1,3v will put me near 88 degrees on my AIO with noctua SP fans at max RPM.. Have a feeling the thermal paste job by intel is shoddy.. what a shock haha.

Still stock Haswell i7 level's of performance for the multithreading.. which is good imho and yeah singlethread is a good bit ahead. Wonder how it holds up in games .. poke poke..
Yeah get some liquid metal on it but make sure you paint the VRM bits before you do that.

Associate
Good evening all.

First off, thanks to @CAT-THE-FIFTH for posting a video about MCE (Multi-Core Enhancement) being on by default on an Asus board in the Coffee Lake thread. I had never heard of it until yesterday but prompted me to have another play around in the bios and I have managed to gain an extra 200mhz on my i5 6600K.

@4.7Ghz the score was around 787/ 190ish, now at 4.9Ghz it's 812/213 which is not far shy of the i3 8350K above but I'm not sure about the temps for a 24/7 usage.

How much of an impact does having higher speed memory affect this benchmark?
7Cwzyz9.png

Soldato
But but but Jumper, Linus from LTT says that delidding isnt worth it and will only yield a few lower degrees /j. Sorry i couldn't help myself.
lol

i apologise for the appalling ram timing and speed. the z270 gaming 9 really isnt upto the task of decent ram oc.
1861833.jpg

Back
Top Bottom