• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Cinebench R15 benchmark thread

Caporegime
Last one i promise, i couldn't get the run to complete at 4Ghz. So 3.975Ghz is the last one.

1324 Points.

image.png

Soldato
Unfortunately AMD price cuts have rendered the resale of my 1700 useless lol.
I'd get more value from doing something with it. Game server or something? Mining rig? Too many choices.

considering AMD don't split the whole vt-x (virtual machines with direct hardware access rather than abstracted software calls posing as hardware) and overclocking markets, consider doing something with a proper full virtual setup. Hypervisor and the works. You should be able to throw a pfsense firewall, server box, nas/media server and a guest gaming system in the same box with a bit of work with fairly minimal slow down on anything (obviously the guest gaming install getting use of whatever graphics card you throw in it).

With Intel you can't use VT-x on a K series processor (VT-d is fine though, has done me well enough for a 4 node Oracle RAC training rig).

As you wanted ideas...

Soldato
considering AMD don't split the whole vt-x (virtual machines with direct hardware access rather than abstracted software calls posing as hardware) and overclocking markets, consider doing something with a proper full virtual setup. Hypervisor and the works. You should be able to throw a pfsense firewall, server box, nas/media server and a guest gaming system in the same box with a bit of work with fairly minimal slow down on anything (obviously the guest gaming install getting use of whatever graphics card you throw in it).

With Intel you can't use VT-x on a K series processor (VT-d is fine though, has done me well enough for a 4 node Oracle RAC training rig).

As you wanted ideas...

Pfsense and a NAS server are things I could use..... Thanks I'll look into it.

Soldato
Haven't run this for ages but thought I'd use it to see how the hot weather is affecting my CPU temp (63C max after a few runs).

No idea why my multi-core score has taken a bit of a dive but my single core score is more-or less what it was last time. It'll do though.

image.jpg

Associate
If my 2700x at stock or overclock beats a 8700k (when compared to a stock or overclocked 8700k) then i will be happy and i seem to think that it will because for me it was a decision to either buy a 2700x or 8700k you see.

Back
Top Bottom