OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
OP
So i've just learnt a valuable lesson at how dangerous toddlers are. My daughter almost broke my nose as I bent down to get her off the potty.

She jumped up quicker and harder then a punch from Mike Tyson, I haven't had a nose bleed for nearly a decade and she just destroyed that whilst laughing it off.
Been there, I now always lean my head to the side when I pick my daughter up. She proper chinned me quite recently and I was sure I'd broken a tooth.
christ on a stick, that's my coffee out my nose and all over my desk bahahahahaha

It burns but my nose will recover. Roaring with laughter at that :D:D:D:D

I was only half joking, mate. By the time I go in for my first post op test it'll be like a pepperami.

We considered the tied tubes option for my wife, but it seemed like a more serious op and really I have a vested interest in this.

Soldato
My sons turned 20 months.

Really bad cough. Not sleeping well at all.
Oh and now he's developed a fever of 38.9c at last check.

Always sodding ill after going to Nursery.

And then the whole family get it. It’s miserable and I feel your pain. I had flu like symptoms (and pleuritic chest pain) for 6 weeks in the run up to my FRCS exam in November. The year before our whole extended family was taken out by D&V. Not had gastroenteritis since Uni! The poor kids seem to have a snotty nose all the time, but they’re resilient little things and some good old Calpol and plenty of fluids usually does the trick. The lack of sleep when everyone else is feeling ill is the biggest issue.

Hope things get better soon.

Life is tiring and stressful enough when everyone is well let alone when someone in the family is ill.

Soldato
Been there, I now always lean my head to the side when I pick my daughter up. She proper chinned me quite recently and I was sure I'd broken a tooth.

I was only half joking, mate. By the time I go in for my first post op test it'll be like a pepperami.

We considered the tied tubes option for my wife, but it seemed like a more serious op and really I have a vested interest in this.
Just don't look down, I did and now I'll never shake the image of a couple of pipes sticking out. On a separate note, my 3 year old has bashed his mouth and one of his front (milk) teeth has a slight wobble and there was a small amount of blood. As my daughter was never that rough as his age it's not something we've experienced before, I'm hoping it's going to just reset itself, as it's not that loose, but it does look a bit further back than his other tooth (I can't say I noticed either way before the accident but you know how it is with these things). Now I'm not expecting to actually be able to see a dentist as I assume they would be shut, but is it fine just taking the wait and see approach? He said it was hurting him at tea, but I think he's milking it as he was eating very mushy carrot at the time. My wife is worried he will loose it but I think he will be OK.

Soldato
In a similar vein, our 17 month old was running around the garden yesterday. I had turned my back momentarily and the next thing he's screaming. Blood gushing from his mouth but unable to communicate exactly what he'd done (I assume he has ran into the leg of the garden patio chair that was propped up and lent over so it stuck out). Poor guy didn't seem to understand and I ended up lay on the kitchen floor with him trying to console (and sooth) him with frozen peas from freezer direct to gob :p fortunately no tooth loss but he's messed his lip up nicely. All whilst mum was out the house too... Great.

Soldato
In a similar vein, our 17 month old was running around the garden yesterday. I had turned my back momentarily and the next thing he's screaming. Blood gushing from his mouth but unable to communicate exactly what he'd done (I assume he has ran into the leg of the garden patio chair that was propped up and lent over so it stuck out). Poor guy didn't seem to understand and I ended up lay on the kitchen floor with him trying to console (and sooth) him with frozen peas from freezer direct to gob :p fortunately no tooth loss but he's messed his lip up nicely. All whilst mum was out the house too... Great.
That always happens, the first time I took my daughter out (to the pub) I thought if let her have a run around (pub was dead, Saturday lunchtime). She ran straight into a table and had a large bump. She got a similar mark a few months ago when she somehow managed to hit the bottom of the door. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjYR6IkxRdDEgYI2LL7muQO3jysIcA

Soldato
That always happens, the first time I took my daughter out (to the pub) I thought if let her have a run around (pub was dead, Saturday lunchtime). She ran straight into a table and had a large bump. She got a similar mark a few months ago when she somehow managed to hit the bottom of the door. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjYR6IkxRdDEgYI2LL7muQO3jysIcA
Wow that's a whopper! You feel awful and then you break the news to the Mrs. :|

Soldato
Wow that's a whopper! You feel awful and then you break the news to the Mrs. :|
That was literally 5 mins before she walked in as well:p. It was Wierd though, that bump I could see coming up.

Edited for ease
y4mJpoB8s14TLDwAWusztEdKmAcwG2RpZz5n-HfybOJwC5rZRfTqp5mWf-wu8NBlCC63IF_hhejJObnqY9iUvb3_ATWNfwHcM10MjSf8T_9FsFyiDX4Z_BuaQOL2aZHjAu2xs55I_GMNJ-ALArQ0SIkrF2tkcsT6uDliBloY-UKmN1F12Sz6KDGGvVFpWg-h7LLRp32_oRaO29o0bvFxHui5A
y4mJpoB8s14TLDwAWusztEdKmAcwG2RpZz5n-HfybOJwC5rZRfTqp5mWf-wu8NBlCC63IF_hhejJObnqY9iUvb3_ATWNfwHcM10MjSf8T_9FsFyiDX4Z_BuaQOL2aZHjAu2xs55I_GMNJ-ALArQ0SIkrF2tkcsT6uDliBloY-UKmN1F12Sz6KDGGvVFpWg-h7LLRp32_oRaO29o0bvFxHui5A

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just don't look down, I did and now I'll never shake the image of a couple of pipes sticking out. On a separate note, my 3 year old has bashed his mouth and one of his front (milk) teeth has a slight wobble and there was a small amount of blood. As my daughter was never that rough as his age it's not something we've experienced before, I'm hoping it's going to just reset itself, as it's not that loose, but it does look a bit further back than his other tooth (I can't say I noticed either way before the accident but you know how it is with these things). Now I'm not expecting to actually be able to see a dentist as I assume they would be shut, but is it fine just taking the wait and see approach? He said it was hurting him at tea, but I think he's milking it as he was eating very mushy carrot at the time. My wife is worried he will loose it but I think he will be OK.
Assuming my appointment doesn't get cancelled, I will not look down

Associate
My Wife and i had our first child on the 16th a little boy! its been an interesting experience with the lockdown. both mum and him have been through the wars with an emergency c section and then when he was only 5 days old requiring keyhole surgery to fix a "family trait" pyloric stenosis so the first week of his life has been in and out of hospitals! and then he has got an infected belly button! not great with this virus flying around.

Thankfully we have been home a week and a half now and slowing getting used to no sleep and lots of nappy changes and his bely button is healing thank to some antibiotic cream!

Never realised how hard this would be! but thankfully going to be working from home for the forseable future so that should help.

Soldato
OP
My Wife and i had our first child on the 16th a little boy! its been an interesting experience with the lockdown. both mum and him have been through the wars with an emergency c section and then when he was only 5 days old requiring keyhole surgery to fix a "family trait" pyloric stenosis so the first week of his life has been in and out of hospitals! and then he has got an infected belly button! not great with this virus flying around.

Thankfully we have been home a week and a half now and slowing getting used to no sleep and lots of nappy changes and his bely button is healing thank to some antibiotic cream!

Never realised how hard this would be! but thankfully going to be working from home for the forseable future so that should help.
Congrats dude, welcome to the club. I was on a conference call tonight with a bunch of VPs and my daughter ran in and shouted "daddy I love your butt!" at the top of her voice to troll me. Chip off the old block

Soldato
Anyone stupid enough to try potty training during the lockdown?
I'm literally losing my mind, were on week 3 and she seems to get it some days others she just does it on the floor.

It's like a constant torture having too be on edge to catch any accidents...

My house smells of **** and **** despite the number of times I've washed all the carpets.

I can feel my anger raising every day, all her friends got it in under 2 weeks and were still in phase 1.

I Honestly am losing hope that shell get it.

She understands some days that she needs to go on the potty but then the next day shell completely torpedoe the previous day and pee on the floor.

Both me and my missus are losing the plot.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom