1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OcUK Dadsnet thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devrij, Jul 30, 2016.

1. RoboCod

Capodecina

He's breast fed so he naturally wakes up regularly anyway. Right now though he actually won't settle unless you're holding him. Waaaah

2. robj20

Soldato

Can you believe George is 1 year old at weekend. Cant believe it was a year ago that we lived in a hospital for 3 months.

3. Devrij

Capodecina

Jengaaaaaaa

Yeah I remember those days. Not gonna blow smoke up your arse, it's a pain, but it passes. Then they start getting out of their bed on their own.

4. theone8181

Mobster

Thats what we get, my 2.5 year old wakes after about an hour (although i think hes too hot), then normally about 10ish he will trot through into our bed. Has been doing that since july last year.

5. Devrij

Capodecina

Yep, likewise. Thankfully she just hops into our bed and passes out most of the time (except for the few dreaded occurrences of "daddy, fink so we could play downstairs?" when she's totally awake).

She's starting to get a bit of lip on her now as well. I suggested we play with her fav puzzle and she goes "noooo daddy, that's booooring" Or my favourite
    Me: "hey Riley, how about we play with xyz?"
    Riley: "how about not"

6. Resident

Wise Guy

So today is the day that Docs have decided that they want my boy out of his comfy place in the womb due to the medical issues he's causing his mum.

They've booked my partner in and will be using something new called balloon induction.

7. ci_newman

Sgarrista

It is typical for breastfed babies to want to be held when they fall asleep. Invariably they will fall asleep while they are feeding, and of course they are being held when they are feeding (the hormones in the milk make them sleepy) so they get into the habit of being held when they fall asleep. It's just a phase you have to persist through.

8. Devrij

Capodecina

Good luck dude!

9. Resident

Wise Guy

Cheers fella.

10. dl8860

Mobster

Mind if I ask if they're breastfed or on formula? Our 8 month old is sleeping great at the moment, he's formula fed out of necessity.

Just gathering anecdotal evidence on whether breastfed babies sleep worse so we can prepare for more sleepless nights if the next one does breastfeed.

@Resident good luck with the induction

11. katinacooker

Gangster

Congratulations when the time comes! Hope it all goes well for you all!

Not at all. Predominately breast fed. Though the day time feeds are dropping in frequency, the nights are not. We've been told to start replacing one of the night feeds with water from dad (me) so phsycing ourselves up for that fun.

12. Stretch

Capodecina

My eldest (4 yo) has got chickenpox 2 weeks before we're due to go to center parcs. We assume the youngest isn't far behind. Anyone have any real life experience of recovery times?

13. ci_newman

Sgarrista

7-10 days for both of my kids :) Your eldest should be recovered in time, the youngest maybe not so much...

14. Stretch

Capodecina

I've heard there can be quite a long incubation period. Fingers crossed the little one might just scrape through until we get home.

15. pokerking

Wise Guy

My little ones first parents evening last night (4yr old) was a very strange feeling sitting down on the little chairs speaking to the teacher! I think that's been my biggest realisation she is growing up :o

16. SimonCHere

Wise Guy

Do you really think it's a good idea to take a possibly infectious child with a disease that can be spread just by being in the same room as that child, to a place where there will be loads of children gathered together?
    Also possibility of pregnant woman being around as well?

Sorry if it come across as harsh, but it's a bit irresponsible.
    From the NHS website on Cicken pox
    I will say if the little one gets it quick and everything is all scabbed over before you go it would be fine. Get them to play closely together for the next few days!

17. Stretch

Capodecina

The problem is there is a 13-17 day incubation period.

The first spots appeared on my eldest on Monday 11th. 14 days later is the day we’re due to return home. The little one might never get it as he might of already had it.

If you plan your life around the possibilities of things happening with children you’d never leave the house.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  18. SimonCHere

Wise Guy

And he might be nicely infectious and not showing any spots for a couple of days during a period that you will be near loads of other children. Swimming, playing, running around.
    With the incubation period, it could be as low as 7 days or up to 21 depending on the websites you read. I don't know when my two caught theirs so I can't tell you what incubation period mine had. Using your numbers though it's only a 3 day period after you get back. Quite a gamble.

Well I agree with this at least!

Also I hope you read the T&C's

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  19. robj20

Soldato

Weird George has skipped straight from milk to solids, though he wont drink water or cordial yet so still needs milk. He just wouldnt entertain puree stuff.

20. ci_newman

Sgarrista

If your eldest is "crusty" and there are no signs of spots on your youngest, then I would risk taking the holiday. You wouldn't take your youngest child out of school "just in case" they are infectious, nor would I not go on holiday.

IF spots start to appear before you leave, then I would abandon the holiday.