OcUK delivery costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
If I order more than one item from OcUK then do I get reduced delivery costs, or do I still pay £2.50/£3.00 for every additional item.

I tested it with the checkout facility and it seemed like I had to pay £2.50/£3.00 for every extra item - but I just wanted to confirm this is the case.

Thanks

Associate
OcUK offers the best price delivery it can offer with its partners. From what I've seen, I think this caps out at £10 per delivery.

It's possible that whatever they use for small deliveries doesn't scale well re: adding an extra item.

Soldato
Would be nice to see a spend X amount and get free shipping, 1k+ system for example really should come with free shipping.

For me if I'm spending £1000+ on a system the delivery cost (depending on exactly how much it is) doesn't bother me too much. It's when I order a couple of £5 fans and then get charged £5.99 delivery (or something like that) that annoys me.

I see your point though and I think some place to do free delivery on orders over a certain value.

Soldato
All delivery costs are calculated on weight. So the more and heavier the items, the more than delivery will cost. I can't remember the cap off the top of my head.

Best bet is to become eligible for forum free shipping :)

Associate
The difference between OCers and other places are most of the delivery at OCers are next day I believe at other places you might be getting free delivery but its a 3-5day delivery date which if you are not in a rush to get your items is fine but if you want it really quick OCers is the place to order imho.

Ofcourse I know you can select next day at other places but doesnt mean you will get it OCers are pretty much on the money for next day.

Man of Honour
FREE SHIPPING - for loyal OcUK forum members only

WHO QUALIFIES

This offer applies to
  • OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
  • OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sh...&posted=1&utm_source=forums&utm_medium=banner

It's not that simple anymore though. I used to get free shipping but it goes by postcode now and we have been classed as Highlands and Islands even though we are not. It's lost OCUK over a grand in orders from me over the past year and the stupid thing is that i can get the same DPD two day delivery for free elsewhere.

Caporegime
It's not that simple anymore though. I used to get free shipping but it goes by postcode now and we have been classed as Highlands and Islands even though we are not. It's lost OCUK over a grand in orders from me over the past year and the stupid thing is that i can get the same DPD two day delivery for free elsewhere.

dpd suck anyway... it apears they dont sort next day delivery parcels over the weekend...

07 Jan 2011 21:36 Hub 3 Your parcel has been received at our sortation hub

pfft guess it wont be coming on monday then
Please note: Orders shipped after 4:30pm on a Friday may not be due for delivery until the following Tuesday as they are not collected by our courier over the weekend.
should say Please note: Orders shipped on a Friday will not be due for delivery until the following Tuesday as they are not sorted by our courier over the weekend.
:mad:

Associate
yeah apparently as I'm living in Northern Ireland I'm classed as overseas...I mean COME ON. If Royal mail class me as UK then why do couriers class me the same as France?

Because it costs them more. There is the Irish Sea between the English/Scottish/Welsh mainland and Northern Ireland- that's just the way it is.

The Royal Mail has a contractual obligation to have single-cost postage for all of the United Kingdom, which means that NI is a special case.

Commissario
Because it costs them more. There is the Irish Sea between the English/Scottish/Welsh mainland and Northern Ireland- that's just the way it is.

The Royal Mail has a contractual obligation to have single-cost postage for all of the United Kingdom, which means that NI is a special case.

Aye

RM have to deliver to everywhere in the UK for the same cost even if it means they make a loss on the service in those areas.

Couriers are under no legal obligation to do that, and thus charge a premium for areas where the cost to deliver is likely to be that much higher.
They could absorb it like RM do, but it would mean higher base costs for everyone else, and in a competitive business that would lose them customers (one of the reasons the way the normal postal system has been "opened up for competition" is so weighted against RM is that RM have a universal service obligation whilst everyone else can cherry pick what they do, where and for what price).

It's not nice, but it's the reality of the situation with regards to couriers and delivery costs :(

Associate
Not strictly relevant, but why are my orders all coming in DPD bags now? I just spend £420 on a GTX 580, to have it arrive in a bag - the box had a massive rip in, although fortunately the card itself wasn't damaged. Seems a bit cheap for such expensive hardware - I could understand if it was just a few cables/fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom