OCUK founder Spie passes away

Soldato
It is with a broken heart I have to bear this awful news.

My father, the founder of OcUK and these great forums, passed away yesterday afternoon.

Some may know him as Mark, others Spie and others as boss at some point.

The news comes as a great shock as he leaves behind my step-mother, myself, my brother and baby sister.

He was a great man, who had strong beliefs, opinions and ideas. He did not let anyone get in his way of achieving his potential. This company was founded on his hard work and determination, as continues on today with those same principles.

He was a man who I held in high regard and looked up to him as a hero, as only a son could.

At this time, please share your good thoughts and memories.

I love you dad x

Soldato
OP
I've already posted in here, but now I want to post about the good and happy memories I have with Mark and the rest of his family.

The OcUK 10th brithday party was a blast, I had only known Mark around 18 months by this time and this was the first time my wife met Mark and the rest of his family.

One year we spent new years eve in Dublin with Mark, Claire, Nathan, Aaron and a few others - this was one of the best new years eve celebrations I had had - my best memory is the busty bar maid who allowed Mark and the rest of us to go behind the bar during a heavy Guiness and Whiskey fueled afternoon and pour our own drinks.

Then was the time when he invited me and my wife to his 10th wedding renewal cereomy in Switzerland. The celebrations were wonderful, the location was amazing. And for those who were there, I give you "THE MATTERHORN....... GIVES YOU THE HORN!"

Then there was another new years eve at Marks house in Alsager, a house party with a devils and angels theme - I wore 3" high heels and an angels outfil to Marks house party. I recall Mark wandering off to be rather early that evening due to too many drinks.

Then the last celebration with Mark was his daughter, Emma's christening in Jersey, we flew out for the weekend and celebrated well. The return flights were delayed for hours and hours, and in the end Nathan, his girlfiend, my wife and I ended up getting a taxi from Bristol airport to Machester airport - we half expected that we were going to be stuck in Jersey and would be camped out with Mark for additional days.

Some of my fondest memories though were the more quiet evenings with Mark and Claire going for various evening meals around Alsager and Cheshire, the company never failed to make for a wonderful evening. Actually being able to enjoy intelligent, quiet conversatory was a delight.

Mark you will be missed forever, but never forgotten. If it wasn't for you giving me a break at OcUK I wouldn't be in a successful position within the IT retail industry, for that I hold my hat to you and I will toast a very very large drink to you tonight x sleep well, friend.

Wonderful Lee, thank you all

Soldato
OP
The last time I sat down with Mark he had messaged me to go and see him in the shop (400 yards away on Imex) because he wanted to ask me something.
I went into his office and he said he was having his OCUK 10th birthday party and he wanted me there and if possible my band but alas I was on holiday at the time :(
While I was there he asked me for my 'expert' opinion on something and played a music video which I thoroughly enjoyed and he said it was his son singing but I don't know which one.
I just said the music ticked all the boxes for that genre.
My Man of Honour was given because of these talks we had in the shop and he was a thoroughly nice guy with me and I can only judge people on how they treat me.

A huge RIP.

That must have been one of my many bands. He never quite like my music but he always supported me. Such a sad time

Back
Top Bottom