OcUK great deal on LG 226WTQ & LG L245WP - Great Prices !!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We've recently taken on LG and they are fully supporting ourselves as can be seen by these two great deals we have on our weekly offer:-

LG L226WTQ 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver
MO-045-LG_400.jpg

The best image quality with the leading contrast ratio in the industry. Experience the clearest, sharpest images available today on an LCD. With the LG FLATRON, the colors literally jump out at you. With an unbelievably quick response time of 2 ms, LG FLATRON LCD Monitors are more than capable of meeting your every requirement.
Your video games never looked so good.

- Viewable Area: 22” Widescreen (1680x1050 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital
- Response Time: 2ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 170°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with LG

Price: £164.99+VAT (£193.86 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

LG L245WP 24" Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor - Black
MO-047-LG_400.jpg

The best image quality with the leading contrast ratio in the industry. Experience the clearest, sharpest images available today on an LCD. With the LG FLATRON, the colors literally jump out at you. With an unbelievably quick response time of 2 ms, LG FLATRON LCD Monitors are more than capable of meeting your every requirement.
Your video games never looked so good.

- Viewable Area: 24” Widescreen (1920x1200 Resolution)
- MVA Panel
- Interface: Analog / HDMI (DVI Adapter included) / Component
- Response Time: 8ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 178°/ 178°
- Brightness: 500cd/m2
- 360° pivot stand
- HDMI-DVI Adapter, VGA Cable & USB Cable included
- 2 Port USB Hub
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with LG

Price: £399.99+VAT (£469.99 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

P.S. We also have 500+ Samsung 226BW in stock as well at the moment.

OcUK Staff
OP
VortX said:
Anyone got any reviews on this monitor? I am realy thinking of buying it but can't find any 'full' reviews.

Gibbo> I am quite new to overclockers so Im not fully aware of the rules, but if I am not happy with this monitor with a certain time limit I would expect then can I send it back, even if its to replace it with another monitor. Would I get full refund and would I have to pay some sort of postage and packaging to send it back?

Hi there

You have the Distance selling which is 7 days. Within this time you can look over the product to make sure its free of defects and if your unhappy with the product it can be returned to ourselves as long as it is in new condition and its your responsibility to make sure it gets back to us un-damaged by making sure its packaged well. Then a refund would be issued

OcUK Staff
OP
Bry said:
If you could guarantee an S version i would order it right now but, you can't which is why i and many others have preordered from a competitor that does. It may take a little longer but, at least we get the best panel

Hi there

If we were shifting smaller quantities I would do it, but we have stock coming from more than one source and are shipping approx 200 units per day, so its impossible to check stock when we have so many passing through our doors.

OcUK Staff
OP
joejoe said:
This monitor has been out for a while now, L245WP, yet I cannot find one review. It's basically a toss up between the Dell and LG 24 inch. I noticed that LG have brought out the 246, does this mean there is an issue with the 245? Any input guys?

HI there

The 246WP is for the US market. As in the US their 245WP does not have HDMI, so they get both the 245 and 246 one with HDMI and one without. For the UK market our 245WP has HDMI, wheras the US version does not.

OcUK Staff
OP
joejoe said:
Thanks Gibbo, I consider myself enlightened. As I'm sure you can appreciate, it's always hard to make a decision when there is choice!! As much as I like the blurb of the LG, because no one, not even on this forum, seems to have posted their experience of this monitor, it's a bit too much of a risk.

If you were put on the spot, leaving price out of it, and bearing in mind I'm a gamer, which would you choose? I understand if you feel you cannot answer this.

I don't have a great deal more time for research as I'll be dropping into OCUK on Tuesday to buy a monitor, plus a load of new kit for my yearly upgrade, so I'm desperately gathering as much info to make and informed choice.

What's generally the quietest time on Tuesdays to drop in?

Hi there

If money was no object I'd buy the 30" DELL as that is what I have at home. :D

However I'd rank the 24's in the following order forgetting price:-

1. Samsung 245T (Not yet released)
2. DELL 2407WFP
3. LG 245WP
4. Samsung 245B (Price point gets it here and it looks amazing for gamers)
5. BenQ FP241WZ (Great monitor let down by its silver design and is massively over priced)

The DELL is the best seller simply because its so well known and been around for a long time, plus its been aggressively priced.

The Samsung 245B will also be an incredible seller due to its very low price point and the use of its TN panel will be liked by many gamers.

The BenQ offers a superb picture with great technology but its looks not so great design wise and is about £100 over-priced.

The LG 245WP is a fantastic looking bit of kit and it seems to give a fantastic picture. Its only let down is lack of DVI, unless of course you use a DVI/HDMI converter dongle thing. However its price point is very good for an MVA panel.

The Samsung 245T looks to be a stormer when it gets released in June/July.

OcUK Staff
OP
Marmotta said:
Any idea how much the 245T will be priced at? You mention the BenQ, but the 244T is still hugely overpriced, so will the 245T go for a similar figure?

Hi there

We have a direct relationship with Samsung so am sure we can get them to give us the 245T at a competitive price like they have done with the 245B. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Tigjaw said:
Does the LG 22" have HDCP?

Gibbo you think it's worth it over the Samsung 206BW or the Dell E207WFP?

I was originally only going for 20 to 21" widescreen monitor but this LG is cheaper than both of those and bigger, but I know bigger+same resolution = not so sharp image.

Any views?

Hi there

If your gaming then bigger is better. Yes the smaller screens with same resolution give a sharper image, but do remember these are LG panels so are very sharp and crisp anyway.

Back
Top Bottom