OCUK / Forever Gaming Meet June 2025: Defqon 1 - Netherlands

Caporegime
iWy3DbH.png

Well, this is a big one folks. Having seen that there is quite a bit of interest in this kind of music in the Hardstyle thread, as well as the apetite for a larger meet, I'm organizing the mother of all meets for June 2025, in the Netherlands. This will be open to all regulars of the forum, and invites will be judged on a case by case basis as we want this to be a memorable weekend for all, and for all the right reasons. I will occasionally bump this thread to keep the interest alive and pop some new vids in the inspiration post below so if it tickles' anyone's fancy, pop in and say hello!

(note that this will be a constantly evolving thread so if you want to add anything or ask any questions please do, happy to answer anything)

Index:

#2: Description

#3: Details
#4: Costs
#5: Rules
#6: Confirmed attendees
#7: Inspiration

#8: FAQ

Sign up please folks, this will be a weekend you will never forget, I can promise you that!

Last edited:
Description:

Defqon 1 is a music festival that has evolved over the last 25 years and now incorporates many different styles of hardstyle that used to be separate gigs. It spans four days (Thurs-Sun) and attracts approx. 65k people a day from all over the world. Located in the Netherlands, the entire town of Biddinghuizen literally transforms in to a venue for the event, with all the local hotels / self catering chalets / etc accommodating to it. Public transport also adjusts to include more frequent buses & trains and an additional stop at the location itself. The people attending are literally from every single walk of life imaginable. Age, race, sex, none of it matters. Everyone's there to have the time of their lives and the atmosphere and energy is like nothing else on earth.

This is what the venue looks like:

etHkSDQ.jpeg

Last edited:
Details:

Where:

Biddinghuizen, Netherlands:

(click the image for Google Maps)

Biddinghuizen is approx. 2 hours from Schiphol airport by public transport with a couple of stopovers. Amsterdam is on the way too if you fancy a day out in the 'dam. Amsterdam Schiphol itself is a 50 minute flight from Heathrow, but flights from all over the UK will get to Amsterdam.

When:

Thursday the 26th, to Sunday the 29th of June 2025. You can purchase a ticket for the whole weekend, or you can purchase day tickets. If going for the day option, Saturday will be your first choice, followed by Friday. Thursday doesn't have the main stage open yet and Sunday is a bit of a cooling down day.

Last edited:
Costs:

(these are all estimates at this point, based on our trip there last weekend. These estimates are a bit higher than what we paid to help people budget):

• Flight: £150 return
  • Travel from Schiphol: £25ish, depending on how many share a cab at the other end.
  • Accommodation: Approx. £75/pp / night (this is based on us renting a chalet between three people for two nights, these costs will be all over the place depending on when you book, how many people sharing, etc).
  • Gig tickets: Approx. £85/day, or £400 for a weekend pass.
  • Drinks and food: We paid £4 for a small beer, or £8 for a pint. A can of G&T was £10. A kebab is £8, a portion of chips £4.

Generally the prices of anything in NL is cheaper than here, I'd guess about 85% of the cost.

Last edited:
Rules:

1. If you'd like to come, we need to see some commitment for organizing purposes. Whether that's a flight booking, ticket, anything.
  2. No drugs - Spliffs are welcome if that's your bag, it is Holland after all, but no class A narcotics please.
  3. I'm sure I'll come up with more as this evolves.

Last edited:
Inspiration:

(note: very limited 2024 vids available at this point as it was only last weekend, I'll add more as they come out)

Quick recap of this year:

2023 Power Hour (this is basically the hosts putting all their eggs in to a one hour show on the Saturday and they blow the doors off):

2024 Opening ceremony stream (Friday):

2023 Closing ceremony:

Last edited:
No way I'd be able to afford it unfortunately, babies are expensive! Also if I splashed on this before we finally get our delayed honeymoon then child maintenance is even more expensive :cry:

I'm trying to convince the Mrs anyway but her argument is that if we go we won't get a family holiday next year and that's unfair on our then to be 4 year old lol. Will see, realistically won't know either way until October.

We're gonna do a weekend pass. We did a day ticket for the Friday this year and we've universally agreed that we will be going for the whole weekend next year!
Not my kind of music, so not really interested but based on the prices you posted whats the benefit of buying a weekend ticket over 4 day tickets (4*85= 340 vs 400 for a weekend ticket)?

Not my kind of music, so not really interested but based on the prices you posted whats the benefit of buying a weekend ticket over 4 day tickets (4*85= 340 vs 400 for a weekend ticket)?

Weekend pass lets you come and go, a day pass means if you leave, that's it. We'll likely be coming and going a fair bit so we don't get burned out too quickly.

Not my kind of music but it looks great. A little pricey but it's definitely piqued my interest. I'll have a think and let you know. YOLO etc.

Sadly I'm not in a fit state to travel to the netherlands right now and I'm not certain I will be in 11 months time either, but I appreciate the tag nonetheless!
Some day!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom