• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Nvidia RTX series review thread

Soldato
Yeah, seems to like W2. Some of the others though, gains over 1080Ti are low. Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, FC5, BF1 to name a few.

2080Ti is the one to go for, performance looks great so far. If you don't mind an empty wallet and a sore anus that is.

I still think the pricing is ludicrous and shameful though.
Agree the 2080 Ti is the one to go for especially if someone has a 1080 Ti already, as in some cases the 2080 gains will be minimal with current/older games vs what they already have.
if someone is debating buying a new 1080 Ti or 2080 - just go with the 2080 and it should shine more with future games

Soldato
Guru 3d concluded well

'The 2080 Ti seen from a 1080 Ti purely based on shading performance is impressive, but the big question remaining is that extra 25 to 40% extra performance worth the price tag? Purely based on rasterized/shaded game performance I would say no'

However with so much new tech in the cards its exciting for what the future holds. I for one will be reluctantly skipping this gen due to the pricing

Soldato
So the 2080 and 2080ti managed to deliver the performance increase that one would expect with the usual moving gen despite all the skepticism due to the silence on Nvidia's part. It's just a bit shame that the pricing though got stacked on top of last gen cards.

Caporegime
So the 2080 and 2080ti managed to deliver the performance increase that one would expect with the usual moving gen despite all the skepticism due to the silence on Nvidia's part. It's just a shame that the pricing though got stacked on top of last gen cards.

Yeh : /. But that was a given seen as there doesn't appear to be even a hint of any competition either now or forthcoming.

At least last time, everyone knew the Vega cards were a thing and whilst not as good, still gave some light competition.

Caporegime
So the 2080 and 2080ti managed to deliver the performance increase that one would expect with the usual moving gen despite all the skepticism due to the silence on Nvidia's part. It's just a shame that the pricing though got stacked on top of last gen cards.
Agreed. I feel most of us expected to see these performance gains but pricing is the meh factor. Such a shame that NVidia have priced many out of the top end.

Soldato
So the 2080 comes in pretty much exactly where I said it would, basically on par with the 1080Ti.

And to be honest, I am a little disappointed with the 2080ti, I was fully expecting that card to hit close to the 50% faster than the 1080ti.

Did any reviews go into more detail with DLSS? There were a few synthetic benchmarks, but, nothing else as far as I could see?

Caporegime
So the 2080 and 2080ti managed to deliver the performance increase that one would expect with the usual moving gen despite all the skepticism due to the silence on Nvidia's part. It's just a bit shame that the pricing though got stacked on top of last gen cards.

Yep, these would have done great if they'd simply dropped in at previous price points or even £50 higher or so. Pretty much every review I've skimmed through so far says the technology is great but they'll have to see what the future holds before recommending them at these prices.

Caporegime
So 30% more performance for 80% more money.

Brilliant. i'm guessing the 2070 will also cost 80% more than the 1070 for 30% more performance.

Maybe a 2060 for 5% higher performance at only 40% more money?

Or a 2050 for 20% less performance, but its ok, it only costs 10% more.

Yeah, i think i'll give this generation a miss.

Caporegime
So the 2080 comes in pretty much exactly where I said it would, basically on par with the 1080Ti.

And to be honest, I am a little disappointed with the 2080ti, I was fully expecting that card to hit close to the 50% faster than the 1080ti.

Did any reviews go into more detail with DLSS? There were a few synthetic benchmarks, but, nothing else as far as I could see?
Only one game I saw which was FFXV and the gains for the 2080Ti were very good.

Associate
When you take into consideration the shift in naming, the 2080 is seriously disappointing compared to the 1080Ti.

Exactly what i was thinking. The difference betweeen the 1080ti and the 2080 is minimal, yet the 2080ti is well ahead. Maybe that was the reason behind launching the ti at the same time?

Caporegime

Some here -

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/122270-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-rtx-2080/?page=13

The gains are pretty special (makes the 2080 over 40% faster than the 1080ti) but who knows if it will ever become mainstream etc.

Soldato
Exactly what i was thinking. The difference betweeen the 1080ti and the 2080 is minimal, yet the 2080ti is well ahead. Maybe that was the reason behind launching the ti at the same time?
The 2080 and 2080ti reminds me of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X launch lol

On both the aspect of comparing to the gen before it, as well as the prices lol

Caporegime
Yeah, I saw that, but it wasn't the actual game, just a benchmark. The reviewer said that you would need a real gameplay to see if DLSS worked well or not.
Fair one and I have been skim reading a lot of them but seeing the graph was pretty wow and I expect that to translate to gameplay. Just IQ is what will be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom