• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX2060 review thread

Soldato
Doesn;t stop it beating Vega 56 and 64 for performance per dollar.

The Vega came out 18 months earlier so it was LAST GEN and was a high end card. You can't compare it to a current gen card. Let's wait for AMD to release their next gen card and then we will see who has the best performance per dollar.
The fact is, the 1060 had a much higher performance per dollar than the 2060
Is that based on the 1060s performance in 2 year old games when the 1060 was released? Or are you going by 1060 performance in TODAY'S games which would be 40% lower as performance drops by 20% per year. I'd be interested to see how you calculated your figures.
the pricing of the 2060 is entirely due to what Nvidia believe the market will pay.

That doesn't make it right. Supermarkets could tripple the cost of milk and bread and the market would still buy them because people need those things which doesn't make it right.
The 2060 can handle RTX at 66 to 77FPS in BFV 1080P depending on the reviews. While not great that is certainyl in the playable range
A GPU needs to last 2 years minimum because this is the generational life. So if it gets 66 to 77 in today's games then it will get 53 to 61 in next year's games. I guess the 2060 is a good buy if you only ever plan on playing games that have already been released and iggore everything else that gets released during the next 2 years.
There is no such thing as an 1160, and any price differences will have nothing to do with RTX.

Not yet

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato

At least somebody understands the real picture. Jim's basically just said what I've been saying in the other 2060 thread. I am genuinely surprised people are saying how great the price/performance of the 2060 is, it just boggles my mind. It's like they've forgotten what the x60 class of cards used to offer generation after generation for <$250

Soldato
Performance per a Dollar it beats both Vega 56 and Vega 64, it is also as fast or faster than the Vega 64.

Yet still you have people complaining just because it says nvidia on the box.

Mid range cards are ALWAYS better performance per dollar than a high end card. So of course the MIDRANGE 2060 beats the HIGHEND Vega 64 on performance per dollar. It's as ridiclulous as saying the Ford Fiesta beasts a Bugatti Veyron in performance per dollar. Obviously you pay for the privilage of a high end product. High end products aren't suppose to be good value.

Soldato
Guess we will be seeing new 1070's closer to £250 soon.

Why do you think that? It's looking more like we won't be seeing any new 1070s at all, just like how it happened with the other Pascal cards. From what I'm seeing they are going out of stock and not getting replaced.

Soldato
It's obviously because Hardware Unboxed won't pay the game like Tweak Town will. There's no error, if they'd have known they'd get a friendly review they'd have sent a card.

Back
Top Bottom