• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4000 series review thread

Caporegime
RTX4090

Video reviews

Gamersnexus

Hardware Unboxed

LTT

Hardware Canucks

Paul's Hardware

Beast Mode – NVIDIA RTX 4090 Review

The RTX 4090 Power Target makes No Sense - But the Performance is Mind-Blowing

Last edited:
So, they've gone all out TSMC 4nm with this and their 608mm².

What is TSMC's next node? A 3nm one or a 2nm one?

If Nvidia are having a hissy about 4nm prices, what will they say (and charge) for a > 600mm² 2nm GPU?

And having gone monster, what will they do for their next ~18 month update design?

Unless their next design gains massivley in perf/transistors then chiplets seems to be their only options.

Incredible performance.

The level of power even results in the 5800X 3D being the bottleneck at anything lower than 4K. At least in the games I saw being tested.

Last edited:
Wasn't there talk about them taming the power spikes?
TPU's figures don't show that:
NbmuEmi.png

neither do Igor's
4McYi0G.png

From what they said, I had expected at least the FE to cope with spikes a lot better (and AIBs to be far worse as capacitors are expensive).

First thing to say is the performance gain is really impressive.

2nd thing to say is that if the 7950 has a 420W TBP it can beat it in raster based on the HUB, TPU and Computerbase reviews. Range is from about 10% ahead to about 20% ahead depending on if you use the 6900XT as the baseline or the 6950XT as the baseline. This is also assuming the 50% perf/watt gain. AMD usually beats it by a small amount but I stuck to 50%.

3rd thing is if RDNA 3 does match Ampere when it comes to the % FPS lost when turning on RT with a 10-20% raster advantage the raw FPS with RT on will be close or slightly ahead of the 4090.

Final thing to say is that I expect top N31 to be expensive, maybe not 4090 expensive but not that far off IMO, especially if they do have the outright performance crown.

Back
Top Bottom