• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4060 review thread

Soldato
Asus

Gainward

Galax

Gigabyte

MSI

Palit

Zotac

Group tests

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Youtube reviews

Laptop RTX4060 vs Desktop RTX4060(Former can be faster!)

RTX3060 vs RTX4060 for Content Creation

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The laptop RTX4060 can be faster than the desktop one:

The RTX4060 isn't even really that much faster than an RTX3060 for content creation in many cases and sometimes is slower:

Soldato
OP
Need to see more reviews with dlss3 in use. Jays preview with cyberpunk has me impressed with the tech. I was the sort of guy that would say no to any sort of upscaling but having used dlss2 first hand i have it enabled in every game i have that supports it on quality mode even if its locked on vsync at 60fps, dlss on just drops power consumption at that point lowering fan noise and heat.

But no one has shown what happens if dlss3 frame gen is enabled at as native 30fps to bring it up to 50+ fps, thats where it would be great, since i play with vsync on at 60fps i dont see the point in frame generation to just go above 60fps unless you have a high refresh monitor?

Because frame generation actually is better at higher FPS. At lower FPS it introduces more latency and other issues,since you are actively moving the camera around. Daniel Owen covers it in his reviews - the reality is the RTX4060 is really the RTX3050 replacement upsold a tier,so the low power consumption is not a plus - it's an indication of how much Nvidia is ripping off people this generation. The rubbish pricing of the RTX4060 also means the RX7600 which really should have been a £200 RX7500XT, made on a cheaper TSMC 6NM process, with more optimised clockspeeds(which would push power down a lot),was overclocked to match it.

Utter trash for the price is what both the RTX4060 and RX7600 are. I would rather have an RX6600 at under £200,if power bills are a problem(can be pushed down to 95W),and an RTX3060 or RX6700XT 12GB above £200,and set custom voltage/frequency curves to optimise power consumption. The 8GB framebuffer is going to be a disaster as time progresses.

Got pulled?
Maybe,but I can't believe in 2023,we are having newly released cards between £260~£400 still with only 8GB VRAM when VRAM prices have collapsed.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is this worth putting in a budget build for my nephew with a 12600k and 1080p screen he plays minecraft and fortnight and most other games a 11 year old plays or is there something better for the money .

RX6600 for under £200 or an RTX3060 12GB for under £250? Also the RX6700XT can be had for around the £300 mark sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom