• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6700XT review thread

Soldato
OP
£250-300?

Below £400,even historically adjusted for inflation I have never spent anywhere that much on any single component. The only component I can see myself spend that kind of money on is a monitor,since they last for 5~10 years. But,OTH I don't really care as much if I have to drop details or have to play single player games at between 30~60FPS. I literally completed most of Cyberpunk 2077 at qHD at around 30FPS,as I was getting in the ealy 40FPS range at 1080p.

Edit!!

Even if I was to stretch my budget,we all know the RRP is a load of BS anyway and is false to "pretend" the GPU is cheaper than it is. Expect it to be another stealth price increase over the 5700XT.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The RX6700XT is already a bit overpriced at its RRP,and its street price and availability is going to end up even worse than the Nvidia GPUs. Also essentially this is an overclocked version of the GPU in the PS5(which is also 40CU but has a few disabled for yield purposes).

Power effiency seems to have gone backwards compared to the other RDNA2 GPUs too as it seems to have been pushed to the edge. Let's hope the RX6700 is a better balance.

Soldato
OP
36CU's active out of 40 iirc, Xbox has 52 active for reference.

Yep,and the XBox GPU seems to be somewhat more powerful,so it makes me wonder whether its actually faster than an RX6700XT. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or two,when developers actually start using the new generation consoles as the main development platform. ATM,most titles seem to be reheated versions of the ones made for the previous generation.

Soldato
OP
2 of the reviews actually talk about price - and because of the trade war, brexit, mining and non pc related IT supply issues - these new prices are likely to be the norm going forward

The problem is that laptops with dGPUs and many prebuilt PCs from large companies such as Dell,don't seem anywhere as affected in pricing. So I think PCMR and PC part retailers are being given the short end of the stick.

Yup, it's totally tweaked!

Its why I am surprised a 56CU GPU hasn't been released because the XBox Series X has one and its RDNA2.

Soldato
OP
At the end of the day (imo) its performance relative to the consoles is the biggest indicator of whether or not the prices is good. I don't care if it trades blows with the 3070 if it is only slightly faster than the consoles it just seems like a bad purchase at the rrp.

That is my main worry especially with the top dollar being asked for these GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom