• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6700XT review thread

OcUK Staff
What's you impressions, if you have any on the stock levels on these? Once again AMD promised high stock levels, either they haven't learned from when they did that with the 6800/6900 series or they have actually made enough of them....

AMD have delivered more launch stock than any other recent launch on 6700 series, so they are absolutely telling the truth, but the simple fact is, 500, 1000 it simply is not enough. To confidently put this product live at or close to MSRP would require 10,000 units, because there are zero GPU's available right now except for 6900 XT which we do have plenty of, but as such people will buy whatever is available and as there is so little that means everyone is trying to buy 6700 XT's right now.

That is why AMD sold out instantly, it is why competitors are checking £600-900 for them and also selling out. AMD have good stock, but in these times it will never be enough.

Caporegime
I think the read-across is, if OCUK get 1,200 units that makes it one of the biggest launches of 2021.

2000-3000 units is back to the Pyramid building days.

okay, we might be all right then... it was surprising to see about 20 different version of them on another site, i don't think AMD have had 20 different versions of anything in a decade.

Caporegime
AMD have delivered more launch stock than any other recent launch on 6700 series, so they are absolutely telling the truth, but the simple fact is, 500, 1000 it simply is not enough. To confidently put this product live at or close to MSRP would require 10,000 units, because there are zero GPU's available right now except for 6900 XT which we do have plenty of, but as such people will buy whatever is available and as there is so little that means everyone is trying to buy 6700 XT's right now.

That is why AMD sold out instantly, it is why competitors are checking £600-900 for them and also selling out. AMD have good stock, but in these times it will never be enough.

I see, ok thanks for responding :)

Caporegime
Hi there

OcUK has around 600 units at present, another 600ish en-route.

If we put anything live and that could be today/tomorrow or next week but due to huge demand issues I won't be giving any warning to anybody at present because the 600 we have split across a couple of SKU's would turn into 3000 units sold within 5 minutes landing us in the same 3080 situation on back orders.

As such if I put product live there will be no warning, in the past I have given a heads up on these forums and requested NOBODY mentions we have stock outside our own forum, no HOTUKDEALS, NO DISCORD no nothing but people from these forums still went ahead and did exactly that creating a huge problem with over selling.

As such your gonna have to keep your eyes open guys I am afraid for them appearing on OcUK but we are hopeful for next month we can maybe get 2000-3000 units in stock, but let us pray and keep our fingers crossed.
The right move.

You would be surprised at how many scalping pricks are on this forum.

Permabanned
Hi there

OcUK has around 600 units at present, another 600ish en-route.

If we put anything live and that could be today/tomorrow or next week but due to huge demand issues I won't be giving any warning to anybody at present because the 600 we have split across a couple of SKU's would turn into 3000 units sold within 5 minutes landing us in the same 3080 situation on back orders.

As such if I put product live there will be no warning, in the past I have given a heads up on these forums and requested NOBODY mentions we have stock outside our own forum, no HOTUKDEALS, NO DISCORD no nothing but people from these forums still went ahead and did exactly that creating a huge problem with over selling.

As such your gonna have to keep your eyes open guys I am afraid for them appearing on OcUK but we are hopeful for next month we can maybe get 2000-3000 units in stock, but let us pray and keep our fingers crossed.

Hi there,

I would give the following idea - sell only to members of the forum registered before 1 September 2020.
Ask for confirmation details in the order.

Problem solved :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there,

I would give the following idea - sell only to members of the forum registered before 1 September 2020.
Ask for confirmation details in the order.

Problem solved :)

A manual process of which we have no staff to do, trust me the company has looked at ideas but during these times nobody has spare time, all departments are absolutely maxed out and as has been said many times before there will be no updates to the new webshop or internal systems, the priority now is the new systems and webshop coming later in the year, so this is how it is for now.

Caporegime
A manual process of which we have no staff to do, trust me the company has looked at ideas but during these times nobody has spare time, all departments are absolutely maxed out and as has been said many times before there will be no updates to the new webshop or internal systems, the priority now is the new systems and webshop coming later in the year, so this is how it is for now.

How's the sapphire 6900xt managed to gain an extra £200 or thereabouts since it was last listed?

Associate
@Gibbo thanks for the honesty that there will be no heads up this time. on that basis does it mean when they are listed they will be within the correct gpu sections and not under the 3d printers. or are you willing to comment for loyal customer/forums user where you intend to have them listed ?

Soldato
okay, we might be all right then... it was surprising to see about 20 different version of them on another site, i don't think AMD have had 20 different versions of anything in a decade.

I am squinting a bit now but i think the SKU proliferation is due to AMD offering 3 clock bins of each chip to the AIB's so for each manufacturer there would be at least 3 SKU's because they are pricing the chip bins and pcbs at at least 3 different levels.

Soldato
AMD Online Store Help Center | AMD

Which countries does the AMD Store ship to?
  • US, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden
  • We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom.
So yes, the fulfilment centre is in Ireland.

Cries of "this isn't what we voted for" :p

Yes, yes it is

Soldato

Well the forum is open to everybody, even a scalper could have posted there, maybe you could give a warning on MEMBERS MARKET, at least only old"ish" members have access to it.

Back
Top Bottom