• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

No intention of buying one since my 3600 is more than enough for gaming, but I am very happy that AMD are back in the game. Market competition makes things more exciting, and best of all makes the hobby of PC hardware significantly cheaper.

Associate
Curious that the reviews I saw showed the 3950x and 3900x tied as the fastest Adobe encode, but why are they virtually the same? Adobe codebase quirks? But pleasing to see that the x264 Handbrake encodes show a fair margin between the two. i9s need not apply to this comparison. Look forward to finding Da Vinci resolve benchmarks.

Soldato
What will happen is 3900x's will come a plenty to the 2nd hand market as those who must have the most cores and threads battle to get hold of one and cast the 3900x to the wind as they forfill their urge. Can't go wrong really. Welcome AMD back to the heights of yesteryear.

Caporegime
OP updated!!

4750mhz Ryzen 9 3950X vs 5.2ghz 9900ks vs 4.7+ghz 7980XE

You would think the best Intel HEDT part overclocked to 4.8Ghz should decimate AMD's top of the line mainstream part running at stock, but no, when it comes to outright HEDT task performance, the AMD mainstream part is as fast or faster. This is crazy....

Its like a complete role reversal, AMD are making Intel parts look generations old.
K0QDprK.png

Soldato
You would think the best Intel HEDT part overclocked to 4.8Ghz should decimate AMD's top of the line mainstream part running at stock, but no, when it comes to outright HEDT task performance, the AMD mainstream part is as fast or faster. This is crazy....

Its like a complete role reversal, AMD are making Intel parts look generations old.
K0QDprK.png

Yeah, 16 core dual channel mainstream vs 18 core quad channel HEDT

Permabanned
Yeah, 16 core dual channel mainstream vs 18 core quad channel HEDT

Not mainstream, for sure, can't be mainstream. Just marketing fluff... :D

"If you are building a high-end DIY PC, and are in need of a seriously proper performing streaming, content creating and/or gaming processor at a fair budget, well yes, at 749 I really can't say it's not a lot of money, but heck the value certainly is there."
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_9_3950x_review,27.html

Back
Top Bottom