*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

I propose to hold official races every Thursday. This rewards those who not only race well, but regularly participates as this is nothing without the drivers.
I'm going to struggle .. I can schedule a thursday once a month.. but every thursday i'm out i'm afraid..

I may join in every so often.. but without taking part every thursday.. I fear that i'll just get left behind..

ah well.. first race was fun!!!

I'm going to struggle .. I can schedule a thursday once a month.. but every thursday i'm out i'm afraid..

I may join in every so often.. but without taking part every thursday.. I fear that i'll just get left behind..

ah well.. first race was fun!!!

We'll find something which will work I'm sure :D

I fear that i'll just get left behind..

How about races every thursday, but we set a paticular thursday which counts towards the points? That way if you can only do the 22nd feb, we set that as the date? That way, nobody gets left behind.
There's going to be points throught out the year people can't do, sickness, work, holidays etc etc so it's about the best balance I can think of.

I propose to hold official races every Thursday. This rewards those who not only race well, but regularly participates as this is nothing without the drivers.
The car will be changed throughtout the season, not too many times so to give everyone a chance to learn its characteristics.
I will also struggle a bit with this frequency as also have iracing commitments. Happy to keep up once a month on a casual basis though

No worries, once a month sounds like the best fit

Someone did mention two races, one after the other so we could look at doing that? I'll have to look at the scheduling

How about races every thursday, but we set a paticular thursday which counts towards the points? That way if you can only do the 22nd feb, we set that as the date? That way, nobody gets left behind.
There's going to be points throught out the year people can't do, sickness, work, holidays etc etc so it's about the best balance I can think of.

I thought you pretty much already had "unofficial" practice/race things on thursdays anyway.. ??

Obv that leaves room for myself and quite possibly others, where we can practice on the days that we can.. and then can arrange to be free for whichever day race day is..

Did you give any thought to more than one race on actual race day?? to counter the "one bad lap and race day is over" - if there was a second race.. then you have a chance to put it right ..

edit: crossposting.... ah i see you did.. :)

Last edited:
I thought you pretty much already had "unofficial" practice/race things on thursdays anyway.. ??

Obv that leaves room for myself and quite possibly others, where we can practice on the days that we can.. and then can arrange to be free for whichever day race day is..

Did you give any thought to more than one race on actual race day?? to counter the "one bad lap and race day is over" - if there was a second race.. then you have a chance to put it right ..

edit: crossposting.... ah i see you did.. :)

Yeah, I don't want to leave anybody out if I can help it. I've changed the feb date to the 22nd

Will look at two races back to back :cool:

Last edited:
Sorry if I've thrown a spanner in asking if the Feb date could be changed. It was only if everyone was happy, if there is any person who can't do the switch then please go with original schedule and I just have to miss one.

Re the game I need to do something about the sound. I had to really lower the sound of the game (lowered master volume all the way down to 10 in the settings) to hear people speaking and I could hardly hear Mrcookie at all.

Last edited:
Sorry if I've thrown a spanner in asking if the Feb date could be changed. It was only if everyone was happy, if there is any person who can't do the switch then please go with original schedule and I just have to miss one.

Re the game I need to do something about the sound. I had to really lower the sound of the game (lowered master volume all the way down to 10 in the settings) to hear people speaking and I could hardly hear Mrcookie at all.

No need to apologise mate, we will tweak it so it's right

It's all coming through the quest 3 headset. It was just the sound of the engine and track was way louder than the voices.
I had the same but only had to turn the game down to 50% volume.
Also, some folks are just quieter. I'm using airlink with a Quest 2 and selecting Oculus virtual audio device (I think that's what it's called) in Discord. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I originally had this where either people on discord were too quiet, or my engine was too loud. My in-game settings are back to default now, and discord set to 100%

Last night was perfect. The only difference was before I was using virtual desktop, where now I'm on quest airlink.

Last edited:
I think the comms issue with me is my end not anyone else, @danlightbulb you were saved from my ramblings ;)

I'm using a quest pro with steam link all set at 100% I'll have a play over the next few days and try something's.

I'll post my in-game sound settings later as I can here everyone loud and clear

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom