*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

Soldato
Sim racers can and do argue endlessly about what's 'realistic' :cry: There is no answer, they all have pro's and cons so just pick up AC/AMS2/ACC on the cheap and see where it takes you.

Do you have a wheel at least?

Soldato
OP
What's the general consensus on most realistic VR racing game on the market at the moment?

Steam sale is on and I want to give VR SIM racing a go.

Asseto Corsa Competizione apparently has laser scanned laps for more immersive force feedback which combined with VR sounds pretty sweet.

I guess after trying MSFS in VR that's kind of set my VR realism expectations, so just wanted to ask what the driving version in comparison would be.

Thanks.

There is no right answer as to what's best.

iRacing has the best online multiplayer experience, is one of the best for handling, and probably the easiest to run in VR although doesn't look as nice as AMS2 or a modded AC. It's VERY expensive (subscription based model just to get logged in, then £15 for each car/track you want). You do get some free stuff, but the whole point in paying the subscription is to compete in competitions/series so at some point your wallet is getting hammered.

for something straight out the box, in VR....AMS2 has to be up there as one of the best looking (without mods) as the madness engine is great for VR. The updates a few months ago made the handling really good....so I'd say the £5 is well worth it.

Last edited:
Associate
Automobilista 2 has a demo, it and all the dlc are on offer at the moment as well, plus I'm sure you could join us if you wanted too :)
Assetto Corsa drives quite well I think, but I don't like assetto Corsa competizione (probably more to do with me than it)
Think that's the big three excluding the elephant in the room Iracing.

I had very little time with Iracing and it's expensive, probably offer the most if you want to do online as I believe you get put with similar levels of players, added to the fact everyone is on a subscription you'd probably get less griefers than other open lobby's.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate it.

Looks like now's the time to grab a bargain.

Assetto Corsa with the mods looks insane.

Can't wait for the steering wheel to arrive. First time I'm trying a DD one. Should be good especially with VR.

Soldato
OP
Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate it.

Looks like now's the time to grab a bargain.

Assetto Corsa with the mods looks insane.

Can't wait for the steering wheel to arrive. First time I'm trying a DD one. Should be good especially with VR.

You are more than welcome to join us all. Discord is in post #1

Soldato
OP
***** CONGRATULATIONS *****
******* RACE WINNER *******
********* Greboth *********

Greboth won round 3 of the OcUK VR Sim Racing 2024 Championship at Donington Park

Full Race Results

Greboth - 25 +1 Fastest Lap
glenimp617 - 18
mrcookie73 - 15
R1gg4 - 12
DangerousDan - 10
$hi - 8
RevBillyG - 6
OllieH82 - 4
smith_mikej - 2
Bacon_Sandwich - [DNF]

Huge thanks to all those who participated in tonights event!

Last edited:
Associate
Yes very sad..

Luckily it looks like i'm going to miss the second and third GT3 races.. (June and July), and as i'm not looking forward to them anyway.. I may well just skip to the american formula cars..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom