• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Zen3 review thread

Caporegime
What's up with TechPowerUp's review? That was the first I looked at and was like erm, wtf? Then started looking elsewhere and thought that is more like it :D

On the whole I am safe with my 3600 at 4.4GHz at 4K, but damn I am looking forward to one of you selling me a cheap 5900X on members market in 12-24 months as you start jumping to the new platform and Zen 4 :D

I recon a 5900X would last me no less than 5 years.

Permanent marker TPU down as useless when it comes CPU reviews. Something is off with the way they review CPU's, older 4 core CPU's in 10% margins of 10 cores + CPU's clump.

Associate
I was fretting over whether to get a 3600 with the MSI deal or wait for the 5600x. I ended up pulling the trigger and getting the 3600 and from the reviews I think I'm glad I did. It looks like the advantage at 1440p is relatively small in most games for the price, and the money saved is better spent on a GPU.

Associate
2600x
2020-11-05-19.png

5600x
2020-11-05-18.png

cpu score up from 7045 to 8119

Restricted by the Vega56 really. hopefully the 6800xt or 6900xt might solve that.

Soldato
I was fretting over whether to get a 3600 with the MSI deal or wait for the 5600x. I ended up pulling the trigger and getting the 3600 and from the reviews I think I'm glad I did. It looks like the advantage at 1440p is relatively small in most games for the price, and the money saved is better spent on a GPU.
Good move, this was always going much better value than buying latest tech on launch day. Can always swap out for a 5900X in a year or so if the extra performance is needed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Permanent marker TPU down as useless when it comes CPU reviews. Something is off with the way they review CPU's, older 4 core CPU's in 10% margins of 10 cores + CPU's clump.
This is why no one should rely on any single source. I check many, on this occasion they just happened to be the first and when I saw the results I was a little disappointed. But then started looking at others which look much more like what I expected :D

Roll on Zen 4. I wonder with them jumping to 5nm what that will bring? My prediction from last year still stands, I said Zen 3 would still have similar price points to cores and that Zen 4 will bring 8 core to the 6 core pricing bracket. Let's see if I am right.

I will wait and see Zen 4 reviews before I decide what to do for my next upgrade. It may end up being better to go Zen 4 eight core than going 5900X used for my main rig, as I plan on handing this mobo and CPU down to my partner in into the PC downstairs which will later still get a 5900X on the cheap (in like 4 years or more years for super cheap). If Zen 4 has a big IPC gain once again and 8 core is £200-£300 range then it maybe better to go down that route and then drop in a future GPU with more cores into it later. Basically a much longer upgrade route will be available to me and I will have new gear in the mean time rather than being stuck on a 5900X which I would end up keeping for a very long time if I get it for my main rig.

What is your plan? :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
PCgameshardwarede do a great job showing how Zen 3 demolishes intel in gaming ipc. You need to test at low resolution to test the true potential of a gaming CPU is what the intel fanboys use to say, and I agree lol. AMD wipe the floor with intel.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Verm...vs-3900X-vs-10900K-5950X-Benchmark-1360653/2/

4UOrW66.png

come at me DG with your Intel still superior IPC BS.
Lol Raven, calm down mate :D

We knew from ages ago he was an Intel boy. You know what it is like on this forum. People scour the web to look for anything that support their argument.

Caporegime
Well he does my **** in :p Just need to source a 5600X at MSRP, was not expecting this much a jump TBH.

its funny you get mad about basically a amd cpu over priced that matches some intel chips in games. not only that its not even the cpu you will be buying. :p

10600 is faster and cheaper in games than what you buying across the board.

Back
Top Bottom