*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Got my Quest 2 delivered yesterday as my first foray into VR, by the end of setting it up I felt crazy sick.

Guess it’ll end up on the MM if I can’t get used to it :(

Take it easy. Play 'comfortable' rated experiences initially, then try the more intense experiences.

Stay away from anything with smooth locomotion, especially smooth turning until you get use to it.

If you feel ill, then stop immediately, take a break and come back and play when you feel better.

Don't try to push through it or you'll train your brain to associate being sick with VR.

Soldato
Yeah, definitely don't push through. Make sure you have the IPD setting correct, and use glasses if you need them in every day life etc. You can definitely build up your VR legs, but you do it slowly and in small bursts.

First steps, beat saber, eleven table tennis, real vr fishing (maybe try Bait for a free simpler game). Nothing with motion, absolutely no rollercoasters! Then try rec room with teleporting movement etc.

Associate
Got my Quest 2 delivered yesterday as my first foray into VR, by the end of setting it up I felt crazy sick.

You probably know all this and may have done it but get acclimatized to vr first. Do 5-10 mins at a time with apps n games that have low nausea ratings and work up. You do get used to it with time, well most do.

Soldato

Try some of the demos of games where you don't move around...I think there's a beat sabre one for a start

Also, stop playing the minute you start feeling sick - I've found it'll only get worse the longer you leave it - like a snowball effect

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Thanks for all the tips! I'll give them a go and stick with it for a week or 2 and see if it gets any better, I might buy some of those sea bands and see if they help :D

Soldato
Thanks for all the tips! I'll give them a go and stick with it for a week or 2 and see if it gets any better, I might buy some of those sea bands and see if they help :D

Having a fan blowing on you from the front helps a lot of people too. Staying cool helps with nausea regardless, and it also gives you a bit of direction. And again, make sure you've got the IPD settings right etc, you can do everything in the world to minimise motion nausea, but if your eyes are struggling to focus, it won't help :D.

Associate

Trust me mate...Take your time 20 to 30 mins max here and there to start with and dont play intensive games right away.... You will get used to it if you give yaself the time too

Soldato
The day I got the Q2, my first VR experience, Elite Dangerous and Ancient Dungeon made me feel queasy. Now I can play them with no issues save for some too fast neck snap head movements in ED when looking for a ship I'm fighting.

Underboss

i know how you feel

People think they can do VR without issues, people think "its just a screen" actually no, VR tricks your mind more that a TV

just do 10 mins every hour, take it EXTREMLY easy, dont do things like roller coasters , and fast moving things like watching car racing etc, do the First steps in Quest etc, just do a little by little, ill post a video for people like you to watch (for tips)

Soldato
Ok just got my Oculus quest 2 today but I don't have Facebook, I do have an Oculus account from my old headsets, it says I don't have to link them until January 2023, but mine will not pair without asking me to log into Facebook.

The headset shows a paring number but I've no where to put it. Please tell me I don't need Facebook.

Soldato
Ok just got my Oculus quest 2 today but I don't have Facebook, I do have an Oculus account from my old headsets, it says I don't have to link them until January 2023, but mine will not pair without asking me to log into Facebook.

The headset shows a paring number but I've no where to put it. Please tell me I don't need Facebook.

This V

Soldato
got a notification on my phone, updated to V.25
but my quest has been off..

I had mine left on and plugged in for a couple of days, and when I put it on there were updates for both controllers and it had updated to v25

There was a notification of a social feature installed... aaaaaaand delete.

Back
Top Bottom