*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Interesting. Maybe some small heavyish weights I can stick on the back plastic part? (like those mouse weights things)

What's small and really heavy?

lol don't go overboard on the weight!! You only need around 180g to 200g. I have two bolts attached to the back of my MVH Studios headstrap.

Soldato
I have recently moved into a new property, and have a spare room to use for it atm, but keep having tracking problems, could this be due to the walls all being an off white coulor, and light in the room being quite bright? do i need to get some pictures up or something the break it up a bit?

Soldato
I have recently moved into a new property, and have a spare room to use for it atm, but keep having tracking problems, could this be due to the walls all being an off white coulor, and light in the room being quite bright? do i need to get some pictures up or something the break it up a bit?

The tracking needs reference points to work. If everything in the room is all the same colour and there isn't much furniture or other objects that are different colours, then the tracking won't work too well.

Associate
I know asked before and checked some links out that were posted on here.

My lads birthday ( 12 years old) next weekend we need to get him a power bank etc for his head set . I was looking at buying him a Rebuff Reality but there like £90 on amazon .

So i was looking at head straps and power banks instead.
He uses an elite head strap so it needs to fit that ok and not be to big.

For strap https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vakdon-Adj...db2a4&pd_rd_wg=6w0ZT&pd_rd_i=B096TVFG5R&psc=1

And for the power bank was looking at this maybe
https://www.amazon.co.uk/INIU-High-...87263-71da-441f-a5a9-37cbd802a053&pd_rd_wg=Uq

but then did find a smaller one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-C...ghtest+usb+c+triple+3a,electronics,47&sr=1-19

I assume 10000MAH would give plenty of hours?

Thank you
Scott

Soldato
Looks fine. Might not be quick enough delivery but i got something similar from aliexpress for less than a fiver i believe (battery strap). And have used Velcro ties too. The benefit to the dedicated thing is mine is elasticated so it holds the battery tight.

I've found 20kmah a bit too heavy, 10 seems to be the sweet spot.

Associate
Looks fine. Might not be quick enough delivery but i got something similar from aliexpress for less than a fiver i believe (battery strap). And have used Velcro ties too. The benefit to the dedicated thing is mine is elasticated so it holds the battery tight.

I've found 20kmah a bit too heavy, 10 seems to be the sweet spot.

Yeah one thing i was bit worried about was the weight of the plate and then adding the power bank .

Doesn't seem a lot about to be honest .

Thanks

Associate
Finally caved in and got one of these to try alongside my PSVR running on the PS5. Initial impression is that the strap and comfort feel are not good, already looking on Amazon for a different strap and USB tether cable! Couple of quick questions, is it worth while buying the Steam version of Beat Saber? Also does it charging whilst been tethered?

Loving the interface and lack of wires, the controller's and overall tracking are light years ahead of the PSVR.

Bargain really for £299.

What are everyone must have games for that WOW factor?

Soldato
Finally caved in and got one of these to try alongside my PSVR running on the PS5. Initial impression is that the strap and comfort feel are not good, already looking on Amazon for a different strap and USB tether cable! Couple of quick questions, is it worth while buying the Steam version of Beat Saber? Also does it charging whilst been tethered?

Loving the interface and lack of wires, the controller's and overall tracking are light years ahead of the PSVR.

Bargain really for £299.

What are everyone must have games for that WOW factor?

Get a powerbank and some velcro ties, or a universal powerbank attachment, and put that on the back. Every strap feels better with a counterbalance, and it may as well be extra power.

With a decent powerbank, it does seem to keep it topped up in most games, and in those that it still drains slowly, the likelyhood is, it won't drain so fast to run out before you take a break.

My headset drains when tethered, but then I have a cheap 3rd party cable (and my motherboard usb socket may not be upto it either). I'm planning to eventually have a dedicated router and just use airlink/virtual desktop, then I can use a powerbank and be OK.

Associate
Get a powerbank and some velcro ties, or a universal powerbank attachment, and put that on the back. Every strap feels better with a counterbalance, and it may as well be extra power.

With a decent powerbank, it does seem to keep it topped up in most games, and in those that it still drains slowly, the likelyhood is, it won't drain so fast to run out before you take a break.

My headset drains when tethered, but then I have a cheap 3rd party cable (and my motherboard usb socket may not be upto it either). I'm planning to eventually have a dedicated router and just use airlink/virtual desktop, then I can use a powerbank and be OK.

Thanks some helpful tips in here in regards to the strap/battery idea, may have to give it a try. From what I've read been tethered to a blue USB port on the PC brings the battery till dead around 4-6 hours, to me that is more than enough!

Soldato
I know asked before and checked some links out that were posted on here.

My lads birthday ( 12 years old) next weekend we need to get him a power bank etc for his head set . I was looking at buying him a Rebuff Reality but there like £90 on amazon .

So i was looking at head straps and power banks instead.
He uses an elite head strap so it needs to fit that ok and not be to big.

For strap https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vakdon-Adj...db2a4&pd_rd_wg=6w0ZT&pd_rd_i=B096TVFG5R&psc=1

And for the power bank was looking at this maybe
https://www.amazon.co.uk/INIU-High-...87263-71da-441f-a5a9-37cbd802a053&pd_rd_wg=Uq

but then did find a smaller one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Chargers-10000mAh-Capacity-Compatible/dp/B07QTJDGJ1/ref=sr_1_19?crid=24PUTTOFJFD9W&keywords=Slimmest+&+Lightest+USB+C+Triple+3A&qid=1643550969&s=electronics&sprefix=slimmest+&+lightest+usb+c+triple+3a,electronics,47&sr=1-19

I assume 10000MAH would give plenty of hours?

Thank you
Scott

This is the one I got its a little pricey as I picked it up for £19.99 but I know other Quest users have bought it and you can get 3d Printed straps for it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-Fast-Charging-Technology/dp/B019GJLER8/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3PALSIB5OEDJ8&keywords=anker+power+bank+10000mah&qid=1644248293&s=electronics&sprefix=anker+power+bank+10000mah,electronics,53&sr=1-7

Back
Top Bottom