Oculus Quest 2 Pro / Oculus Quest 3 Thread

Associate
I wasn't expecting a new headset to be released this year, but, I did think that they would share some info about their next headset.

I presume it's because they didn't want it to impact sales showing a new quest...that's out in 6+ months

I've just ordered a quest 128gb and delivered tomorrow...if I'd seen the new quest 3 (not the high end thing they semi showed) I'd have likely waited as see a new product actually existing would've put me off.

I know it's coming next year but for £299 and 128gb and great games I can stomach it now and sell on to upgrade

Soldato
I know it's coming next year but for £299 and 128gb and great games I can stomach it now and sell on to upgrade

Plus the games will be compatible with future headsets, so you can play stuff now, and get a headset in the future and still play them, but in better quality.
We've already seen this with some Quest 1 games getting a Quest 2 makeover of better graphics and faster, more consistent framerate.

Soldato
Be pretty awesome if you could manually overclock the Quest 2 by doing some wizardry in the load up menu where you can perform the manual updates.

Not touched my quest 2 in some time now, but every so often i get the feeling to want to play but then never do.

Associate
Ooof 2023 is a long way away yet! I wonder if the Quest 2 accessories will be compatible with the new quest 3 in the future?
Yeah seems like getting a quest 2 when it came out was a good value proposition, nothing touches it with what it is and can do for the price and nothing will until next year earliest it seems

Back
Top Bottom